Gifted Items received plus affiliate links
One of the trickiest parts of the Slimming World plan is trying to find ways to enjoy bread. You are either liable for a large amount of syns or you have to use up your valuable Healthy Extra B choice.
Lo-Dough have come up with a great way of enjoying bread without the calories. On top of that, it is gluten-free, low in carbs and high in fibre. What’s not to love?!
Lo-Dough and their Products
The bases have loads of benefits. These are; 39 calories each, low carb, high fibre, keto-friendly, Slimming World friendly, fat free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegetarian, high protein AND they have a 6 month shelf life.
They come in packs of two for £3.25 but you can buy various bundles up to 24 bases for £37.50. For Slimming World members, they are 2 syns each.
I have to admit that I absolutely love chocolate so I was a bit sceptical about this one. I needn’t have been – it is amazing!
Not only is the Lo-Dough Brownie Mix lower in calories and carbs, it is also extremely indulgent. All you need to do is add water, mix and bake to create 9 portions at 65 calories – or 3.5 syns each.
The other great thing is that they are quick and easy. All you need to do is add water, mix and bake. The portions are 53g each and they are rich and fudgy with chocolate chunks too!
Lo-Dough Southern Style coating
Convenient, easy and quick, this Southern Style Coating is packed with flavour is designed to be baked, rather than fried. Perfect for coating chicken, fish and more, this is the healthiest way to get a flavoursome, crispy coating on whatever you choose to coat.
Lo-Dough Miracle Cake Bar
I always enjoy a piece of cake but it normally comes with a helping of guilt. Not so with these! The Lo-Dough Miracle Cake Bar is 60g and made of sweet, cocoa-rich cake coated in sweetened chocolate. It is low in sugar – containing less than a gram, reduced-calorie and high-fibre too!
Great Lo-Dough Recipes
Lo-Dough Cheese and Bacon Pizza
- 2 slices Smoked Turkey Bacon – chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 30 grams Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 half Red pepper – sliced
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar and tomato puree and then spread on top of the Lo-Dough base
- top with bacon, peppers and then cheese
- Cook in the oven for around 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the sides of the base are crisping up
Lo-Dough Tuna and Cheese Melt
- 40 grams Reduced fat Cheddar, grated
- 1 can Tuna in brine
- 1 Lo-Dough base
- Drain the tuna and then mix it together with the cheese
- Fill one of the Lo-Dough bases with the mixture and then using a sandwich maker, press together and grill. Alternatively, sticky together with a bit of very light mayonnaise and place under the grill.
- Serve with a side salad
Lo-Dough Pancakes with Bacon and Golden Syrup
- 1 Lo-Dough base – blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Greek fat free yoghurt
- 1 level tbsp sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 2 rashers turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp Skinny Food Co Golden Syrup
- Blitz the Lo-Dough base using a blender until it is like bread crumbs, then mix with 1 egg, the yoghurt, vanilla essence, baking powder and sweetener until smooth
- Whisk in the remaining egg and leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Place a frying pan over a low heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray then spoon in your pancake batter – around two and half tablespoons per pancake.
- Cook on each side for around 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon.
- Serve pancakes with bacon and a tbsp of Skinny Food Co Golden Syrup for half a syn
Coronation Chicken Lo-Dough Wrap
- 1 Cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp Mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp Fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Tomato puree
- 1 Lo-Dough base
- Mix together the chicken, tomato, yoghurt, tomato puree and curry powder.
- Spread the mixture onto the Lo-Dough base, roll and eat!