Beginnings.

Beginnings.

I’ve decided to do my poetry a little bit different this year. I am writing it in a separate post so not only does it mean that I can link my poem to Prose for Thought separately (which is back this Thursday folks!) but I can also link to other linkies as well. .

Therefore I am joining in with a 52 week photography challenge set by Mummy B. I am going to use her prompts as the subjects for my photographs and accompany it with a poem – which means I get a prompt for those too!

So, what better place to start than ‘Beginnings’?

The photo I took is quite significant to me. Three buds starting to bloom from the orchid that Ross’ parents gave us…with a potential fourth one there.

IMG_0425

Afresh, afresh, let’s start anew
Much to see and much to do
The year has begun like the bud of a flower
Make it all count, every minute and hour

With all the potential that lays before you
There’s no time to waste, so much to do
But don’t forget the little things
For they are the stuff that happiness brings

For whilst you are busy fussing and fretting
I am betting there’s something you’re forgetting
To stop for a while and see what’s there
What you have already, the ones who care

Spend more time on what really matters
(Trust me, ones who don’t are mad as hatters!)
Hold on tight to this new beginning
By the end of the year, you should be winning

Victoria Welton 6th January 2014

Prose for ThoughtPhotography ChallengeYou Baby Me Mummy

mumturnedmom

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. Wicked World of Lucas
    January 14, 2015 / 10:26 am

Here’s to new starts sweetie. Great poem. Definitely one of my favourites from you xx #prose4t

2. January 10, 2015 / 11:12 pm

Wow, am hoping that plant and picture are truly a wonderful sign. Your poetry is amazing; I am in awe of it! Glad to se you back sounding happy and positive. Wishing you all the happiness and success for this year xx

3. January 10, 2015 / 12:33 pm

LOVE this poem, you talented lady you!
    Hope 2015 is good to you & yours. X

4. January 9, 2015 / 7:05 pm

I love the bouncy rhythm this poem creates! Your message about not letting the little moments be forgotten rings so true. Because like you said, they are the source of most happiness. Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a happy weekend!
    Maria recently posted..The BeginningMy Profile

5. January 9, 2015 / 5:02 pm

A poignant image and very wise words. I hope that 2015 brings you all that you wish for x Thanks so much for sharing with #ThePrompt 🙂 It’s wonderful to have you join in xx
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..The Prompt 49My Profile

6. January 9, 2015 / 11:35 am

Great poem Vic – perfect for this week’s Prompt! Nice to see the buds coming through – especially at this barren time of year. X #theprompt
    Sam recently posted..Word of the Week: WintryMy Profile

7. January 9, 2015 / 7:44 am

Beautiful poem to go with a beautiful picture and love the reminder to stop and enjoy the little things whilst making every minute and hour count. I love the symbolism of the orchid buds and really hope that this year will be all you wish for.
    Louise recently posted..The Friday Focus – 09/01/15My Profile

8. January 8, 2015 / 2:51 pm

Yes to this!! Beautiful poem, you are so talented. I hope that by next Christmas you are winning xx

9. VaiChin @RamblingThroughParenthood
    January 8, 2015 / 2:46 pm

Beautiful words inspired by a beautiful photograph. Here’s to new beginnings! x
    VaiChin @RamblingThroughParenthood recently posted..School Run Colours 7 Jan 2015My Profile

• January 7, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Thank you so much Lisa 🙂 So pleased you are looking forward to #Prose4T being back xx
      Victoria recently posted..Beginnings.My Profile

• January 7, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Thank you so much Aby – and thank you for hosting x
      Victoria recently posted..Beginnings.My Profile

10. January 7, 2015 / 10:25 am

A lovely poem for new year. It makes sense for me. Have a prosperous year, Victoria

• January 7, 2015 / 9:41 pm

Thank you so much Mich – love your poem too x
      Victoria recently posted..Beginnings.My Profile

• January 7, 2015 / 9:43 pm

Thank you so much Kay – and for giving me the idea! I am looking forward to the challenge and I may have already cracked next weeks! Thanks for hosting x
      Victoria recently posted..Beginnings.My Profile