A magical display of illumination, this award-winning Lightopia festival of light returns to the historic Crystal Palace Park in London from 17th November 2022 until 2nd January 2023.
*Please note that we have been gifted tickets to the event in return for this post*
As the end of the year draws closer, it’s time to start thinking about family excursions over the festive season. One that we here are looking forward to hugely is a visit to Crystal Palace Park in London for the Lightopia Festival, opening on the 17th November and running until the 2nd January 2023.
Table of Contents
What Can You Expect at Lightopia Crystal Palace?
This will be our first time to attend a Lightopia event and, if the slew of awards the festival has won are any indication, we are in for a real treat. The Lightopia Festival was a gold award winner in four different categories at last year’s Eventex Awards, including Best Art Event, Best Celebration Event, Best UK Event, and Best Interactive Experience.
The organisers have designed and constructed a huge neon winter wonderland at Crystal Palace Park, encouraging visitors to immerse themselves in a land of light which includes a ‘fire-breathing’ light dragon, a magical forest full of mystical, mythical winged creatures, a spooky haunted road and much, much more. The event’s piece de resistance this year is a huge illuminated water show, spanning 40 metres width and towering 15 metres above the lower lake, featuring snowflakes and Christmas trees, Rudolph and, of course, Santa Claus himself.
The lights are certain to add literal sparkle to the season while a festive soundtrack throughout the attraction ensures total immersion in the experience. Refreshments are available en route around the parkland walk for that little extra Christmas treat!
How much will the entrance to Lightopia Crystal Palace cost?
Prices are most reasonable for such a spectacular experience, with family tickets (2 adults & 2 children) costing £56 off-peak/£72 peak*, adults (16+) at £19.50 off-peak/£24.50 peak, and children at £13 off-peak/£16.50 peak. Under threes go free, as do essential carers of disabled visitors (*peak is Friday – Sunday inclusive, plus school holidays).
You can also save 20% on tickets using the Lightopia Voucher Code below!
What else do I need to know about Lightopia Crystal Palace?
Some facts that you may want to know –
- Gates open for the event at 5pm each day with last entry at 8.30pm and the venue closing at 10pm
- The average time visitors spent at the experience in 2021 was 1.5 hours
- There are gentle hills around the trail and an incline on the route back to the car park, however the event is wheelchair and mobility scooter accessible
- Disabled parking is available at South Terraces Gate, Anerley Hill Entrance, London SE19 2GA, pre-booking this is advised
- The venue is within the LEZ (Low Emission Zone) within London, do check in advance to see whether you need to pay any fees to bring your car into this area
- The venue enjoys excellent bus and rail service, and is local to both Crystal Palace Bus Station and Crystal Palace on the London Overground and Southern Network rail lines – the train station is less than half a mile away from the venue entrance
- Tickets can be purchased on the day for £2 more than the advance purchase prices per ticket, however this is only if the event is not sold out – so booking in advance is recommended to avoid potential disappointment
For more information, or to book your tickets to Lightopia Crystal Palace then visit https://london.lightopiafestival.com/book