As many of you know, I am a Slimming World Consultant. When the lockdown first started, we obviously had to stop running our groups. As a result of this we started the Slimming World Virtual Groups including the one I run in Crewkerne.
I joined Slimming World back in 2018 and reached my target weight in June 2019. I then became a Consultant and now run two successful groups.
So many new, rejoining and existing members are asking questions and possibly not getting the right answer from unofficial sites. So here area few official answers.
Is my Slimming World group still running?
YES indeed they are BUT we are not running physical group gatherings instead we are NOW running virtual groups for members to attend as part of a new temporary package which means we can still provide Image Therapy and continue to support our members, offering them most of the same resources we did before we had to close our groups.
Do I have to attend a virtual group to be part of the group?
Absolutely not. The virtual groups are great fun and you’ll find loads of inspiration and motivation there but we know the online thing is not for everyone so, just like it was always an option to “weigh and go”, that option is still there. Members can still take advantage of the new package and all it’s resources including support from me, your Consultant, without attending the virtual groups.
What’s the cost?
It is £2.50 per week (£10 every 4 weeks). Exceptions apply as below:
- Target members are free and the usual rules apply.
- Members who work for the NHS get their memberships for free at the moment (Just need to see your NHS ID or ID number)
- Members on countdowns can still use those countdowns and for every week they had left on that countdown will be doubled for free while we’re running this temporary package.
What Do I receive in return for joining?
You will get:
- the support of me, your Consultant
- optional Zoom meetings each week
- awards, inspiration, information and motivation
- access to the Slimming World website
- access to the Slimming World app
- access to the Online Shop
- our Facebook Group where you can join fellow members to share ideas and food photos each da
I don’t have scales at home, can I still be part of a group?
Yes! We can support you throughout this whole tricky time whether you are weighing at home or not. We will enter you as a maintain each week for now.
I’d like to come back to group. is that still possible now?
We’d love you to! If you still have your pack and you just want to rejoin you can come back with no joining fees. Just let me know.
I’ve never been before. can I join now and how much would it cost?
Absolutely! Right now as distance is no object you could actually join any group or Consultant you wanted to. The cost would be £5 which includes your first week and a new pack will be sent to you, or just £2.50 if you already have a pack to use and don’t need a new one to save postage costs.
I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do get in touch or go to the Slimming World website.