The Ticking Clock

The Ticking Clock

The Ticking Clock

When you’re waiting for something
Out of your control
You keep watching the hours
Like a guard on patrol
You feel like you’re staring
Into a massive black hole
And the clock, it keeps on ticking

Your life is on hold
Waiting for the first sign
You don’t notice whether
It is rain or is shine
The only thing controlling
Your destiny is time
And the clock, it keeps on ticking

When the moment arrives
That I’m waiting for
I’ll be scared of opening
That very next door
I need to prepare for
What is in store
And the clock will keep on ticking

Victoria Welton 16th March 2016

Prose for Thought

Nominate Me
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. July 1, 2016 / 3:18 pm

I love this. One of your best xox

Please don’t use that clock to count how behind I am on #prose4t catch-ups though, where does the time go?!

2. March 19, 2016 / 8:35 am

Oh I so loved this. It flows so well that I could feel a subliminal clock ticking as I read your prose. I need to set aside some time each week to write again and to read more poetry. With our autumn bringing winter in a few months – and our clocks turning back in a week – I need to treasure the dark evenings and make the time count πŸ™‚
    Sarah recently posted..Under a painted skyMy Profile

3. March 18, 2016 / 7:28 pm

I love the rhythm and the antipication in this Vicky. I can also only guess that it’s inspired by your Conception Diaries journey. Maybe, maybe not. That’s the beauty of interpreting writing in different ways πŸ™‚ Thanks for hosting #prose4t
    Carol Cameleon recently posted..My candles bargain (and chocolate!)My Profile

4. March 18, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I love this, especially the rhythm. It reminds me a lot of how I feel when I’m having an MRI scan. I might learn it and repeat it over and over in my next one
    Emma @ MS Calling recently posted..#TreasuredMoments 18/03/16My Profile

5. Suzanne
    March 18, 2016 / 11:55 am

Brilliant piece of prose (or is it poetry?) here Vic. Love your words and the rhythm in it, adds to the imagery of a ticking clock. Thinking of you in all you’re waiting for. x

6. March 18, 2016 / 7:11 am

I can only reiterate what others said – powerful stuff and I am hoping it all worked out fine.
    Rosie recently posted..My Tomato VarietiesMy Profile

7. March 17, 2016 / 11:57 pm

The rhythm of this is perfect. Waiting is so tough, and you’ve captured that emotion perfectly. I really hope that it’s good news x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted..The Prompt: RespectMy Profile

8. March 17, 2016 / 4:52 pm

I hope that when the moment comes everything works out

9. March 17, 2016 / 3:14 pm

The rhythm is really striking in this poem. I can almost hear the clock ticking. Very powerful indeed.

10. March 17, 2016 / 11:21 am

This is so powerful – it really captures that feeling of waiting for something really important that you can’t change. You’ve packed in so much emotion. I’m really hoping you get good news, it must be so tough waiting. xx

11. March 17, 2016 / 10:14 am

Lovely, I like the rhythm and the poignancy. Thanks.

12. March 17, 2016 / 10:08 am

Another great piece Victoria. I love the rhythm you’ve established with your words. The whole poem sounds like a slow ticking clock (I’m not sure if that was intentional, but brilliant nonetheless!) Thanks so much for sharing this with us and hosting Prose for Thought. Have a lovely rest of your week πŸ™‚