Arriving in Soho last Thursday afternoon, and seeing a whole host of Virtual Reality headsets lined up on the floor charging, I knew we were in for something extra special from iCandy – and I wasn’t wrong. When I received an invitation to the new pushchair launch from their team a couple of weeks ago, I was thrilled. This is my first ‘proper’ baby event since I started writing this blog and have never really got involved in the whole baby blogging business as Grace was 5 years old at the time. I have, however, always had one eye on the pushchair market and iCandy are a brand with an excellent reputation in my book.
A virtual experience
A Virtual Reality experience was a great introduction to the features of the iCandy Orange. We were treated to a baby’s view of sitting in the picture and then reached the product itself where, using a tip of the head, we were able to access the features of the product including a 360° rotation both horizontally and vertically and all the different configurations. On top of that, you were able to view the Orange in all the colours available. The base colour is Carbon (dark grey) with a Nimbus Grey chassis and flavour packs include Flame (orange), Pop (pink), Spring (green), Autumn (brown), Mercury (grey), Noir (black), Topaz (blue) Carbon (grey). (Click on the images below to view in a gallery).
Years in the making of the iCandy Orange
Once the headsets were removed, we listened to Paul, a member of the design team, who had to fit a number of years in the making into just 10 minutes. He showed us some of the original design boards, went on to explain some of the features and then told us about the product testers who put the new Orange through it paces and gave feedback.
What iCandy have tried to do is ensure that there is longevity in this particular pushchair. The chassis easily adapts into a double travel systems which grows as your family does. I had heard that if you put a buggy board onto an iCandy pushchair then it invalidates the guarantee (not sure how true that is) but there is no need for a board on this new system. For the first time an integrated ride on board has been added to the pushchair’s frame.
- Over 30 unique configurations and combinations to provide ultimate flexibility
- Carrycot and seat units both provided in the box means that the Orange is suitable from birth up until the child reaches 25kg in weight.
- Innovative fabric means that two materials have been woven together to create a unique duo-tone fabric.
- A soft leatherette handle and rotating bumper bar provides easy access to your child
- The integrated ride on board holds 20kg and eliminates the need for a buggy board
- Elevator adaptors bring the seat or carrycot closer or further away from the parent to either improve interaction or allow space
- Has one of the largest seat units and carrycots on the market but does not compromise on space meaning that, even in double mode, it maintains a single footprint for ease of use in smaller spaces.
- Includes iCandy’s trademark freestanding fold with an added automatic lock, making storage of the stroller super quick and easy.
- The lie flat carrycot is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping meaning it can additionally be used as a Moses basket.
- The ergonomic handlebar provides a wide range of height options which are taller at their highest and lower at their lowest than the nearest competitor.
- iCandy have also introduced a brand new canopy with the Orange, with four modes; extended, visor, sleep mode and an all-new ventilation window with the use of contrasting black mesh.
- The puncture proof PU tyres with quick release front and rear wheels enable smooth turning and a steady, comfortable ride whilst being hardwearing.
- The Orange boasts the first iCandy ‘cinema’ seating design, meaning a parent can maintain all important eye contact with both of their children in double mode. Also for the first time iCandy have introduced the options of two seats facing each other, for optimal interaction and fun between children.
Unveiling the Orange
Once the presentation was over, we were able to view the iCandy ‘in the flesh’!
For a better idea, take a look at my video below:
What is included:
• Carry cot (on its own frame)
• Seat unit (on its own frame)
• 2 Canopies – Choice of 8 coloured flavour packs
• 1 Luxury padded liner
• Carrycot Apron, liner and mattress
• 2 Rain Covers (Seat and Carrycot)
• Car seat adapters
The Orange is also compatible with the following car seats: Cabrio, Pebble, Pebble Plus, Cybex Aton Q, Kiddy Evo Lunafix, Kiddy Evolution Pro 2, BeSafe iZiGo, Joie, Cybex Cloud Q
It was great to see a number of other bloggers there including Amie from Finding Our Feet, Sarah from Boo Roo and Tigger Too, Becky from The Mummy Adventure and Al from The Dad Network. I also briefly spoke to Anton Du Beke and his partner, Hannah, who are expecting twins in April. I would also like to say thank you to the very organised and knowledgeable team at iCandy – oh, and those cake pops were amazing!