Absolutely Futureproof. The Launch of the iCandy Orange

Absolutely Futureproof. The Launch of the iCandy Orange

Arriving in Soho last Thursday afternoon, and seeing a whole host of Virtual Reality headsets lined up on the floor charging, I knew we were in for something extra special from iCandy – and I wasn’t wrong. When I received an invitation to the new pushchair launch from their team a couple of weeks ago, I was thrilled. This is my first ‘proper’ baby event since I started writing this blog and have never really got involved in the whole baby blogging business as Grace was 5 years old at the time. I have, however, always had one eye on the pushchair market and iCandy are a brand with an excellent reputation in my book.

A virtual experience

Photo Credit: Sarah Anguish, Boo Roo and Tigger Too

A Virtual Reality experience was a great introduction to the features of the iCandy Orange. We were treated to a baby’s view of sitting in the picture and then reached the product itself where, using a tip of the head, we were able to access the features of the product including a 360° rotation both horizontally and vertically and all the different configurations. On top of that, you were able to view the Orange in all the colours available. The base colour is Carbon (dark grey) with a Nimbus Grey chassis and flavour packs include Flame (orange), Pop (pink), Spring (green), Autumn (brown), Mercury (grey), Noir (black), Topaz (blue) Carbon (grey). (Click on the images below to view in a gallery).

Years in the making of the iCandy Orange

Once the headsets were removed, we listened to Paul, a member of the design team, who had to fit a number of years in the making into just 10 minutes. He showed us some of the original design boards, went on to explain some of the features and then told us about the product testers who put the new Orange through it paces and gave feedback.

iCandy Orange Design Board

What iCandy have tried to do is ensure that there is longevity in this particular pushchair. The chassis easily adapts into a double travel systems which grows as your family does. I had heard that if you put a buggy board onto an iCandy pushchair then it invalidates the guarantee (not sure how true that is) but there is no need for a board on this new system. For the first time an integrated ride on board has been added to the pushchair’s frame.

Great features

• Over 30 unique configurations and combinations to provide ultimate flexibility
  • Carrycot and seat units both provided in the box means that the Orange is suitable from birth up until the child reaches 25kg in weight.
  • Innovative fabric means that two materials have been woven together to create a unique duo-tone fabric.
  • A soft leatherette handle and rotating bumper bar provides easy access to your child
  • The integrated ride on board holds 20kg and eliminates the need for a buggy board
  • Elevator adaptors bring the seat or carrycot closer or further away from the parent to either improve interaction or allow space
  • Has one of the largest seat units and carrycots on the market but does not compromise on space meaning that, even in double mode, it maintains a single footprint for ease of use in smaller spaces.
  • Includes iCandy’s trademark freestanding fold with an added automatic lock, making storage of the stroller super quick and easy.
iCandy Orange
  • The lie flat carrycot is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping meaning it can additionally be used as a Moses basket.
  • The ergonomic handlebar provides a wide range of height options which are taller at their highest and lower at their lowest than the nearest competitor.
  • iCandy have also introduced a brand new canopy with the Orange, with four modes; extended, visor, sleep mode and an all-new ventilation window with the use of contrasting black mesh.
  • The puncture proof PU tyres with quick release front and rear wheels enable smooth turning and a steady, comfortable ride whilst being hardwearing.
  • The Orange boasts the first iCandy ‘cinema’ seating design, meaning a parent can maintain all important eye contact with both of their children in double mode. Also for the first time iCandy have introduced the options of two seats facing each other, for optimal interaction and fun between children.

Unveiling the Orange

Once the presentation was over, we were able to view the iCandy ‘in the flesh’!

iCandy Orange Launch
iCandy Orange Launch
iCandy Orange Launch

For a better idea, take a look at my video below:

What is included:

• Chassis
• Carry cot (on its own frame)
• Seat unit (on its own frame)
• 2 Canopies – Choice of 8 coloured flavour packs
• 1 Luxury padded liner
• Carrycot Apron, liner and mattress
• 2 Rain Covers (Seat and Carrycot)
• Elevators
• Car seat adapters

The Orange is also compatible with the following car seats:  Cabrio, Pebble, Pebble Plus, Cybex Aton Q, Kiddy Evo Lunafix, Kiddy Evolution Pro 2, BeSafe iZiGo, Joie, Cybex Cloud Q

RRP: £790.

Finally…

It was great to see a number of other bloggers there including Amie from Finding Our Feet, Sarah from Boo Roo and Tigger Too, Becky from The Mummy Adventure and Al from The Dad Network. I also briefly spoke to Anton Du Beke and his partner, Hannah, who are expecting twins in April. I would also like to say thank you to the very organised and knowledgeable team at iCandy – oh, and those cake pops were amazing!

Cake Pops

iCandy Launch
MaternityMondays Sticky Mud and Belly LaughsKeep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2017 Victoria Welton

1. February 17, 2017 / 11:45 pm

Wow looks fantastic! Plenty of good features and what a fantastic colour! #kcacols

2. February 11, 2017 / 6:00 pm

I love the look of this and just how versatile it is. I was impressed when we got the Cosatto Ooba, but I think the iCandy might have just won me over 🙂

Thanks so much for joining in with #MMBC xx

3. February 10, 2017 / 10:20 pm

Love the idea of the elevator adaptors, never seen that anywhere else before. I would have definitely liked one of these for my little ‘strawberry blonde’ orange baby! 🙂 Thanks for linking up to #KCACOLS

4. February 10, 2017 / 10:44 am

Sounds fab, I had the peach blossom for my girls – they’re great! I love all the bright colours they look so cool! xx

5. February 9, 2017 / 9:22 pm

I love the bright colour! I’ve never had an icandy. They look so lovely.

6. February 7, 2017 / 6:20 pm

Hi Victoria, how times have changed! Testing a pushchair using virtual reality sounds so futuristic, but is so now. The pushchair sounds amazing and so adaptable, I bet you were in your element, like a child (or me) in a sweetshop!

Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Our Hike Around Askos And Korithi, ZakynthosMy Profile

7. February 6, 2017 / 10:46 pm

It’s been over 10 years since I had a stroller/push chair in my home. I love how they’ve “evolved” more and more each year. #MMBC

8. February 6, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Oh that’s so cool that there is an integrated buggy board. I’ve been looking at buying a buggy board for Rosalie when the baby come but I hate the way they look stuck on the back xx

9. February 6, 2017 / 7:28 pm

This looks incredible. I love my pram, but this would have definitely been one I’d have considered if it was out last year. #MaternityMondays

10. February 6, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Wow..is there anything this pushchair can’t do?I love it and I actually think the orange is my favourite colour. How exciting you got to go to this event xx #maternitymondays
    Wendy recently posted..Creating your dream baby nurseryMy Profile

11. February 6, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Absolutely love the look of this. We are struggling to find a pushchair / travel system that encompasses everything we want and need, but this looks fab.

12. February 6, 2017 / 6:15 pm

What a great way to present a buggy! It looks fantastic and I love the colours 🙂

13. February 6, 2017 / 4:43 pm

Oh wow it looks amazing and so many options!! It’s taken me ages to find a Oram for a baby and a toddler. I also love the colours. Not sure the orange would be right for the farm but the darker colours could be mud proof 😀
    So glad you got to go to your first baby event and I can’t wait to see which pram you go for. #MaternityMondays
    farmerswifeandmummy recently posted..Comment on 33 Weeks Pregnant With Baby Number 3 by Laura BeresfordMy Profile

14. February 6, 2017 / 1:30 pm

What a fantastic experience and such a creative launch for a great product! Thanks for sharing it all 🙂

15. February 6, 2017 / 1:08 pm

This pushchair looks absolutely amazing! I am in LOVE with the spring colour. Looks so unique and ifferent to the rest. Fantastic features too. Great detailed post.
    #MMBC

16. February 6, 2017 / 11:59 am

My baby days are over but that pushchair looks amazing. I can remember trawling around shops for days while pregnant trying to choose the best option, how cool to get to see everything in virtual reality! I remember some 25years ago I managed to get my hands on a tandem pushchair, they were really rare back then and we had to travel about 30 miles to the shop to pick it up. Everyone would stop me in the street and ask me where I got it from. An eye-catching pushchair is great, but it’s also good to know it will last and adapt and do its job properly.
    Popping over from #MMBC but intrigued by your review too x
    Anne recently posted..Three Personalities – revisitedMy Profile

17. February 6, 2017 / 9:19 am

This is fabulous! You really do only need to buy one pushchair. I could certainly have done with something like this when my two were little #MMBC

18. February 5, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Looks like an amazing pushchair with some good features! I know they cost so much because of all of the features, but we could never have afforded that! Looks like a good launch and with cake – always a good thing! #KCACOLS