Do Angels Paint…

This week’s word over on The Prompt with Sara is something a little different for me. I have never really considered the word ‘paint’ in the context of a poem before BUT I have considered it in conjunction with nature.

I am one of those people who likes to romanticise about life in general. I like to thing that there is a fairy who tiptoes around and sprinkles dewdrops on the spiders webs and grass (I did write a treatment for a children’s story about this very subject a couple of years ago). I also like to think that the angels go around painting things in different colours.

Take this week’s photograph, for example. I let Grace have a go with my DSLR back in October and she managed to capture this fuscia. I think she did a great job. The reason I love it so much is because the colours are so beautiful and the photograph looks a bit like a painting to me.

This week’s poem, then, continues with my sentimentality on life.

Do Angels Paint…

Do Angels paint the sky
When we are feeling blue
A rainbow as a reminder
They are watching over you

Do Angels paint the flowers
And make them so very bright
Do they use something special
To make the stars shine out at night

Do Angels paint the colours
Of the birds and butterflies
Were they the ones who gave
The chameleon his disguise

Do angels paint the ocean
Giving a hue of blue and green
The corals, fish and mammals
So many colours to be seen

Did Angels have the paint
All ready just for you
Who decided on your golden hair
And your eyes of deepest blue

Victoria Welton 19th January 2016

Prose for Thoughtmumturnedmom
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. February 7, 2016 / 10:08 pm

I love this beautiful poem and I’m so sorry it took me so long to read it. Filled with joy and prettyness; perfect for angels πŸ™‚ xox

• February 7, 2016 / 10:23 pm

Please don’t apologise Lisa – I know what life can be like! Thank you so much and I am so glad you like it xx
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

2. February 1, 2016 / 8:30 am

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Oh I do love this poem and for reasons I cannot explain it made me cry x
    Becky Cowey recently posted..TreatMy Profile

3. January 26, 2016 / 9:41 pm

The magical world of fairies… and captured with such beautiful pace Vicky. I could imagine reading this from a child’s book of fairy poems or something similar πŸ™‚

4. January 24, 2016 / 4:07 pm

Absolutely love this, in fact I think it is one of my favourites of yours. Such beautiful, magical imagery and lovely pace. I adored the Flower Fairies when I was younger and I always imagined that they were out there adding a little sparkle! Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt and hosting #Prose4T x

• January 25, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Thank you so much Sara – I am so pleased you like it so much. Thank you for hosting xx
      Victoria recently posted..A Redwing Looks OutMy Profile

5. Nicole (The Brightness Of These Days)
    January 23, 2016 / 8:31 pm

This is beautiful. How sad would the world be without romance and fairies! I see Grace is talented like her Mummy! Great photo #Prose4T

6. January 22, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Lovely poem. I get so easily sucked into the fairytale world – it’s such a captivating way to think about nature! I used to love the Flower Fairies when I was little (the books and dolls) – I came across a couple of my old ones recently, and I’m hoping I might be able to suck Arthur in to that world of wonder too… xx

7. January 22, 2016 / 4:18 pm

I’m an angel fan so I really enjoyed this beautiful poem. πŸ™‚ X

8. January 22, 2016 / 2:58 pm

This is so beautiful – I love the imagery it evokes and the thought of angels painting the sky and the flowers and choosing all the colours with care. A gorgeous poem πŸ™‚
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..Friday Fabulous Five #53My Profile

9. January 22, 2016 / 12:32 pm

There’s nothing wrong with having a romantic outlook on life, it’s a lovely way to go about things. I do love the thought of fairies existing just outside of our perception. And I do believe angels walk among us, simply by the kind words or actions we can offer eachother at any moment. Your poem is lovely. And your daughter’s photo is lovely too. A talented family.

10. January 22, 2016 / 11:52 am

This is gorgeous Vic. I agree, your poems are always so romantic, visual and emotive. They make the reader ‘feel’ which is a wonderful talent to have. xx
    teacuptoria recently posted..What The Heck?!My Profile

11. January 22, 2016 / 7:35 am

Simply beautiful Victoria, you are such a talented poet x

12. January 21, 2016 / 1:02 pm

Lovely poem. I really romanticise everything, (and anthropomorphise animals too) so I love the idea of these colours being deliberate. Even if we don’t believe these things to be real, they are a great way to bring out the child in us. xx
    Alice @ The Filling Glass recently posted..Rain checkMy Profile

13. January 21, 2016 / 10:55 am

Oh this is so brilliant, Victoria. It’s got such a touch of whimsy to it–from the rainbows to the stars. I love the idea of having angels magically coloring our world, and can almost picture these words on a children’s book. Thanks so much for sharing your words with us this week and for hosting us on #Prose4T! Hoping you’re having a wonderful Thursday.

14. January 20, 2016 / 8:20 pm

Lovely poem Victoria, I could just imagine the angels flying around sprinkling their colourful magic over everything! Thanks for linking to #WhatImWriting, I’m so impressed by how many poems you manage to write – they seem to pour out of you! xx

• January 20, 2016 / 9:08 pm

Thank you Maddy. I thought it was about time I did! I think the more I do, the easier I find it – for some reason! x
      Victoria recently posted..Do Angels Paint…My Profile

15. Izzie Anderton
    January 20, 2016 / 3:38 pm

I loved your beautiful poem and agree with Sarah that it would make a fabulous picture book for children.

16. January 20, 2016 / 10:08 am

Oh wow, this is absolutely beautiful! It is a gorgeous visual read of a poem and would make a beautiful children’s picture book too. Delightful!