Senses. A Photography and Poetry Prompt.

This week I have been feeling pretty uninspired if I am honest…with words and poetry at least. Last week I said I had lost my mojo but it seems to have been following me around!

Thankfully, I wrote a poem all about senses last year – so, even though it is cheating a little bit, I have shared it with you again below.

On the majorly PLUS side, I passed my Foundation in Photography course with a score of 98% and a distinction yesterday which cheered me up no end. I am now looking forward to doing the advanced course which follows on from this.

As a result, where my poetry has faultered, my photography has definitely picked up! I decided to pick just one of the ‘senses’ – touch. And my girl and me holding hands.

IMG_1523 (2)

The Senses of You

I see your eyes dance in the light
I feel you hold me in the night
I taste your lips so sweet on mine
I hear you sing, your voice divine
I smell you and that comforts me
The senses of you makes sense to me

Seeing you makes me feel better
Feeling your hand through stormy weather
Tasting the bolognese that you made
Hearing your voice, may it never fade
Smelling the air as we walk by the sea
The senses of you makes sense to me

Your eyes they look so strong and bold
Your hands touch me as we grow old
Your taste in films and humour we share
Your laughter I hear when it fills the air
Your nose may sometimes turn up at me
The senses of you make sense to me

Victoria Welton 11th June 2014

Prose for Thought

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. March 14, 2015 / 5:27 pm

I do like this one, it’s quite song-like. Lovely photo and great news on the photography, your mojo would be daft to stay away! xox

2. March 12, 2015 / 9:33 pm

Such a beautiful photo and a heartfelt and moving poem to go with it. I love your final line of each verse – just beautiful. Well done on your photography course too! 🙂
    Louise recently posted..5 tips for blog organisationMy Profile

3. March 12, 2015 / 5:46 pm

‘The senses of you make sense to me’… beautiful words Vicky. I remember reading this before, and it is just lovely. I hope you find your mojo soon, I can empathise with how frustrating that is x
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..Rewind: how tiny they wereMy Profile

4. March 12, 2015 / 3:36 pm

Love this poem – remember it from when you published it first and was a joy to read again. I especially like the last line. I love the photo – massive congratulations on passing with distinction, that is amazing! I think your mojo’s just gone into your camera for now 😉 Thanks very much for hosting. xx
    Jess Paterson recently posted..Say It With (Letterbox) Flowers: Bloom & Wild ReviewMy Profile

5. teacuptoria
    March 12, 2015 / 1:28 pm

What a beautiful poem. It captures your amazing bond and sums up the way I feel about my son too. I love the line “seeing you makes me feel better” and “I smell you and that comforts me”. It’s makes me a little emotional actually. Beautiful. xx
    teacuptoria recently posted..Mother’s DayMy Profile

6. March 12, 2015 / 11:04 am

Such an endearing poem. Your words are always so beautiful. Congratulations on passing your photography course! The image you took is very striking and quite lovely. I know what it feels like to be uninspired, and wanting to get back into the groove of things, so I hope you get your mojo back soon! Thank you for hosting Prose4T!
    Maria recently posted..The One with my Favorite Gift {A Letter to my Daughter Vol 6}My Profile

7. Maddy@writingbubble
    March 12, 2015 / 9:40 am

Congratulations on acing your photography course – I can see why with this photo! It’s good to keep your fingers in different creative pies I think so that when you have a bad week with one, another creative outlet comes to the rescue! Hope your writing mojo returns soon. xx
    Maddy@writingbubble recently posted..limerick challenge #23My Profile