Sights in Flight

Sights in Flight

This week I have decided to go a bit different again. After learning a little bit more in Photoshop, I have merged some photographs together to through a different light on the subject of a seagull in flight.

Sights in Flight 2

The first image is combined of the two below:

IMG_8404

IMG_9038

The second is combined of the same seagull but the background is replaced with this photo:

IMG_8447

I wasn’t sure which I liked better so I have put up both. I would really like to know which you prefer?

OneDad3Girls
Awards wording
BritMums
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

• May 16, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Thank you so much Merlinda. I hope you get a chance to afford it soon – you would love it! xx
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

1. May 16, 2016 / 6:49 am

Oh that’s so good and a brilliant effect. I love the seagull capture. You’ve got it so perfectly!

2. May 15, 2016 / 11:00 pm

My favourite is the first one. Thank you for breaking the photo down into its original components and showing us how you put it together under Photoshop. #mysundayphoto

• May 16, 2016 / 12:05 pm

Thank you Helena – hopefully I will be able to share a better tutorial soon! x
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

3. May 15, 2016 / 9:51 pm

#1 for me but I can tell you’ve had lots of fun doing these! Well done πŸ™‚ xox

• May 16, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Thanks – I am moving towards that one! I really did πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

4. May 15, 2016 / 4:42 pm

That’s amazing! I would love to be able to do that. I prefer the one with the colourful sky, the bird stands our beautifully xx

5. May 15, 2016 / 4:33 pm

These are both incredible – it is a really difficult choice but I think the first one if my favourite – I just love it – the colour, everything.

6. May 15, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Wow Victoria! Both very cleverly created photos, but my favourite has to be the first one. I like the the way the pinkness of the sky seems to reflect on the gull too. Love it.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Butterflies Getting Jiggy With ItMy Profile

7. May 15, 2016 / 1:53 pm

The first one. I really liked it when I first saw it. I have had photoshop for years and would love to be able to “photshop” a photo. I tried for ages to combine 2 like you have but it just didn’t work. I am now expecting a blog post with you telling me how to do it πŸ™‚ #MySundayPhoto
    Bear and Cardigan recently posted..#MySundayPhoto Number 20My Profile

• May 16, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Thank you! I will be putting together a tutorial – hopefully this week x
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

8. May 15, 2016 / 1:20 pm

I’m useless with photoshop but your pic looks fab. I love your original Seagull shot too

Cat
    #MySundayPhoto

9. May 15, 2016 / 11:09 am

That’s amazing what a great shot. Very clever xx

10. May 15, 2016 / 9:19 am

It’s a hard choice but I think I would go for the first one. I love the colours in the background which make the seagull really stand out.

11. May 15, 2016 / 9:00 am

I personally love the first photo, the beautiful colour in the sky really lifts it

12. May 15, 2016 / 8:54 am

The first one looks more natural to me as if the sun has captured the gull and it really is flying over the water. When I first saw it I was ‘wow!’ The second one looks as if it has been added to the photo.

Very creative πŸ™‚

• May 16, 2016 / 5:29 pm

Thank you Shaz – I am really pleased you like it. I was worried the first one looked like your opinion of the second! πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

13. May 15, 2016 / 7:32 am

You’ve done a fantastic job with them! It’s a tough choice, but I think I like the top one best!

14. May 15, 2016 / 7:29 am

I have worked for many years with PhotoShop and never think of doing anything with my own photos! I love your end result #MySundayPhoto

• May 16, 2016 / 6:17 pm

You really should! I am really enjoying it πŸ™‚ Thanks Jane x
      Victoria recently posted..Sights in FlightMy Profile

15. May 15, 2016 / 6:56 am

Yet another superb display of your photographic skills Victoria! Brilliant photos. Really must get to grips with Photoshop myself. #MySUndayPhoto

16. May 15, 2016 / 6:55 am

That’s really clever. I need to learn photoshop

17. May 15, 2016 / 6:05 am

How clever! The first one looks like it could be a postcard. #MySundayPhoto

18. May 15, 2016 / 1:45 am

The second one is fab. I think your experiments are brilliant and inspiring. You’re showing how photography is an art.
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted..A deer viewMy Profile

19. May 15, 2016 / 1:10 am

How clever; I prefer the second photo
    This really is putting my photo shop skills to shame!

20. May 15, 2016 / 12:20 am

I love the first one, the way the cloud mirrors the shape of the wing is awesome. I think I need photo shop!

21. May 15, 2016 / 12:15 am

The second one feels a bit more natural to me. I really must work on my Photoshop skills!

22. May 15, 2016 / 12:08 am

We like the first shot! Did you clip it around the seagull or just overlay the layer? Either way loving your photoshop skills! #MySundayPhoto xx
    Baby Isabella recently posted..Silent Sunday 15.05.16My Profile