A Young Robin

On Wednesdays I work onsite at a health retreat located just outside a small village called Langford Budville. When I have my break at lunchtimes, there is nothing I enjoy more than walking around their beautiful grounds with my camera. This week I was lucky enough to capture this young robin. Such beautiful birds. I really love how it’s red/orange breast really pops out in the photo.

OneDad3GirlsRunning in Lavender
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. February 4, 2016 / 2:38 pm

Beautiful capture of the Robin!

2. January 18, 2016 / 9:35 pm

Now, look at that beauty! What a fanastic shot! xx

3. January 18, 2016 / 2:06 am

such a pretty little bird. we have scarlet robins here that are just so pretty it is hard to believe they are real.

4. January 17, 2016 / 10:56 pm

What a beautiful photo. Stunning xx

5. January 17, 2016 / 9:21 pm

I adore Robins. We had a tame one once and I used to feed him dried mealworms by hand. Super shot V

• January 18, 2016 / 12:00 pm

Thank you so much Hayley – that sounds wonderful about your tame Robin, Grace would love that x

6. January 17, 2016 / 9:00 pm

How lucky to capture this. One of my favourite birds! #MySundayPhoto

7. January 17, 2016 / 8:36 pm

What a fabulous photo – robins are so bright and cheery to look at and you’ve captured this little chap so well! πŸ™‚

• January 17, 2016 / 9:57 pm

Thank you so much Louise – they are gorgeous birds x

8. January 17, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Stunning! I prefer the look of your robins to ours…smaller and cuter somehow!

• January 17, 2016 / 10:04 pm

I actually didn’t realise that you had Robins over there xx

9. January 17, 2016 / 6:29 pm

I couldn’t pass this photo without commenting. I’m always in awe of anyone who manages to catch a bird before it flies off. Great capture Vic. I do love robins πŸ™‚

• January 17, 2016 / 10:51 pm

What very kind words, thank you Suzanne. I love them too πŸ™‚ x

10. January 17, 2016 / 2:32 pm

He’s a stunning little thing. We get some pretty birds here but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a robin that close!

11. January 17, 2016 / 12:32 pm

I love seeing robins, we have one that regularly visits our garden.

12. January 17, 2016 / 12:21 pm

Aww what a beautiful Robin! They’re so pretty aren’t they? We had a nest last year and ‘our’ robins had babies – it was so lovely x #mysundayphoto

• January 17, 2016 / 10:55 pm

Thank you so much Jayne, that is lovely of you to say xx

13. January 17, 2016 / 10:58 am

What a beautiful shot, there is nothing more beautiful than a Robin photo, we used to get lots of birds viking the garden until Toby moved in, they stay away now x

14. January 17, 2016 / 9:57 am

What a beautiful photo! The red breast always looks stunning at this time of year against the winter backdrop! We love robins! xx #MySundayPhoto x
    Baby Isabella recently posted..Silent Sunday 17.01.15My Profile

15. January 17, 2016 / 8:56 am

That’s such an amazing capture. Love robins…

16. January 17, 2016 / 8:11 am

Fantastic!!! Nothing says winter more than a great picture of a Robin!

17. January 17, 2016 / 7:50 am

Great capture. I love robins, the splash of colour is gorgeous. There is a robin in our garden everyday, just sitting on the fence, but I never manage to get a photo before it flies away.
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted..My Sunday Photo – The PuddleMy Profile

• January 17, 2016 / 11:05 pm

Thank you Lauren – I hope you manage to photograph him one day x

18. January 17, 2016 / 7:44 am

Gorgeous photo. You’ve captured the robin perfectly. I can never get near enough to birds to photograph them!

19. January 17, 2016 / 7:32 am

A lovely photo, robins are one of my favourite birds x

20. January 17, 2016 / 7:28 am

Hi Victoria, we have cheeky robin that perches on our woodpile. Whenever I go out back he’s there… Unless I have my camera with me, then of course he’s not! I swear I can see the cheeky glint in the eye of your robin too. Love the way It’s puffed up against the cold too.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Sweet SixteenMy Profile

• January 17, 2016 / 11:06 pm

I bet your robin will be there for you one day. He does have a glint – he is so beautiful x

21. January 17, 2016 / 7:04 am

What a gorgeous photo, his little redbreast really does pop! If there was a dusting of snow, it could almost be a Christmas card shot

22. January 17, 2016 / 6:09 am

That is a lovely shot. What an accommodating robin to sit so still for you.

• January 17, 2016 / 11:07 pm

He really was – I followed him all the way down the lane. Thank you John πŸ™‚

23. January 17, 2016 / 5:22 am

The health retreat sounds amazing. I’m glad you can enjoy the outdoors on your break. What a stunning photo. I love robins but they are so quick, I’ve never been able to photograph one in focus. #MySundayPhoto

• January 17, 2016 / 11:08 pm

It really is – I am very lucky. Thank you Tara x

24. January 17, 2016 / 4:29 am

I agree, that splash of orange is eye catching!

25. January 17, 2016 / 1:21 am

To me The Robin is the epitome of Winter, and as you say it’s red/orange colour contrasting against all the greyness of winter is just stunning!
    What a lovely place to work, btw, and how lucky to have a lunchbreak that allows you to do photography; mine is a quick dash to a sandwich shop then a room full of other PCs!!
    #SundayPhoto

• January 17, 2016 / 11:09 pm

I totally agree Tracey. My work place is a portacabin so it is important to me to get out for some fresh air πŸ™‚ x

26. January 17, 2016 / 12:12 am

He might be young but he is beautiful. A lovely picture, you seem to have a knack for catching wildlife at their best xx

• January 17, 2016 / 11:10 pm

He totally is πŸ™‚ Thank you so much Lisa – that is an amazing compliment x

27. January 17, 2016 / 12:12 am

I have a son named Robin with bright brown eyes and I love to catch sight of them in trees. Lovely shot

28. January 17, 2016 / 12:11 am

Oh he is beautiful, we have some hanging around the farm but i never have the right lens on at the right time, your photo makes me determined to try.

• January 17, 2016 / 11:11 pm

I am certain I will see one you have photographed soon Fiona x

• January 17, 2016 / 11:11 pm

Thank you Tim – the colour is such a beautiful contrast πŸ™‚