A Gerbera’s Eye View

A Gerbera’s Eye View

I have found it really hard to get out and about with my camera over the past couple of weeks. Aside from the fact that the weather is extremely grey and it feels like I am living in ‘boring land’, I have also had a bad cough and cold. Instead, I settled on looking for an indoor project using a picture of a gerbera. I decided to do a take on my Patterns with Pencils shot which I published almost a year ago.

This time, I once again used the pane of glass and water droplets but, instead of pencils under the glass, I used my iPad. I chose a photo of a gerbera daisy and placed the droplets just over the centre of the flower. To me, it looks like a set of 4 eyes!

If you are on Instagram, then I would love you to join my linky, InstaLinkLove. It is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2017 Victoria Welton

1. January 22, 2017 / 6:13 pm

Wow, amazing photograph

Mollyx

2. January 22, 2017 / 4:15 pm

Spotted this on Facebook earlier. So pretty – I love the effects you can get.

3. January 22, 2017 / 10:55 am

That looks so cool. Get well soon x

4. January 22, 2017 / 8:33 am

Amazing effect on this, I love the final result.

5. January 22, 2017 / 8:29 am

I’ve found it hard to get out too, it’s been so cold and we have all had flu! I love this capture the blurred effect and sharp centre is amazing! #mysundayphoto

6. January 22, 2017 / 8:14 am

So sorry you’ve not been feeling well, I hope you are better soon. It is hard getting out when the weather is so cold. I love your photo, the colours are amazing and yes, they do look like eyeballs.

7. January 22, 2017 / 7:49 am

It’s really freaky, but a fabulous photo! I love the way you’re so creative. It’s so hard to find the right things and the right light to take photos at this time of year.
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted..Silent Sunday 22.1.17My Profile

8. January 22, 2017 / 6:16 am

I see the eyes too. If you look at it long enough the flower seems to shrink (it did for me anyway). I thought it was something on a flame at first. I bet you had fun creating it, even if you couldn’t get outside 🙂 #MySundayPhoto

9. January 22, 2017 / 5:51 am

Such a clever way to get a simple, eye catching image. I will start copying you in the very near future Victoria! Get well soon. #MySundayPhoto

10. January 22, 2017 / 5:38 am

Hi Victoria, I love your creativity and the highlighted bits do indeed look like the eyes of a creature from Dr. Who.

Hope you feel brighter soon and take care.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Buddy, The Ice DogMy Profile

11. January 22, 2017 / 2:52 am

This looks like such a fun shot! Thanks for explaining how you captured it!

12. January 22, 2017 / 12:13 am

This is an amazing photo, it immediately caught my eye. Great shot!

13. January 22, 2017 / 12:11 am

I love the detail and colour in this shot – such a contrast to the stark frosty landscapes of this week!

14. January 22, 2017 / 12:04 am

oh wow this is incredible, I need to learn how to do this. I have been exactly the same the weather has been so gloomy I have had no inspiration to pick up my camera ! I am hoping for a better week next week x