Birds in the Biome

Birds in the Biome

On our recent trip to the Eden Project in Cornwall, I was surprised to see a number of birds in the Mediterranean Biome – which was my favourite of the two. As we were walking around, we heard the beautiful bird song and I spotted this Robin singing it’s heart out.

a-robin-at-the-eden-project

I also loved the way it looked directly at my camera in the photo below:

a-robin-at-the-eden-project-3

a-robin-at-the-eden-project-4

A number of the older sunflowers had been left to dry out and their seeds were dropping off into a convenient placed basket which made a great snack area for the Chaffinch and Great Tit below.

a-chaffinch-at-the-eden-project

a-great-tit-at-the-eden-project

a-great-tit-flys-at-the-eden-project

If you are on Instagram, then don’t forget that my new Instagram linky, InstaLinkLove, is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. October 7, 2016 / 6:43 pm

wow victoria these are really excellent photos. you are an obvious talent…. i hope you don’t mind if I share your post on your blog?

2. October 5, 2016 / 10:31 am

Love these images, feel like I don’t take photographs just for the sheer pleasure at the moment, I’ve been so busy. This has inspired me!

3. September 21, 2016 / 1:25 pm

What beautiful photos of the birds in the biome. I especially love the one of the robin singing and the one where he is looking right at you πŸ™‚

4. September 21, 2016 / 10:26 am

Such gorgeous photos of these beautiful, delicate birds. Their colours are so vibrant and exciting, and I just love Robins.
    A fact (the only fact I know) is that Robins are one of the few birds that can’t hold on to a bird feeder or land on one, so hover to reach food. Don’t know why I know that?!
    #SundayPhoto

5. September 20, 2016 / 2:09 pm

I love Robin’s. I had a regular one visiting but since I got a cat he hasn’t shown his face.

6. September 19, 2016 / 9:55 pm

Oh Vicky, that robin! What a little sweetheart πŸ™‚ Love these photos xox

7. September 19, 2016 / 7:53 pm

Stunning photographs Victoria. I think the robin is one of my favourite birds, especially when singing!
    I love the angle and look on his face when you’re capturing his image.
    That’s a great idea for the sunflower seeds.
    I hope you have a great week ahead πŸ˜€

8. September 18, 2016 / 8:53 pm

Oh my goodness, you do catch wildlife and birds in particular, so beautifully. These are amazing pictures. I loved the Mediterranean Biome too xx

9. September 18, 2016 / 3:22 pm

I absolutley adore these photos! It makes me want to get a ‘proper’ camera and stop taking photos with my phone (not that they’d be anywhere near this good, but it’s a start!) #MySUndayPhoto

10. September 18, 2016 / 2:29 pm

Lovely photos! I too love the one with the robin looking straight at you. I’m surprised o see robin’s at this time of year as I think of them as winter/spring birds but maybe that’s just where I am (on the Mediterranean!)
    Phoebe | Lou Messugo recently posted..Sunday Photo – 18 September 2016My Profile

• September 18, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Thank you Phoebe πŸ™‚ I was really surprised to see them too! x
      Victoria recently posted..Birds in the BiomeMy Profile

11. September 18, 2016 / 11:53 am

Hi Victoria, lovely shots. Robins are such cheeky little birds, we have one that hangs around in the winter and I have no idea where it goes during the summer. Ilove the way that even though it looks as if you are a distance away from the birds, your photos are still nice and clear.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Butter Wouldn’t MeltMy Profile

12. Carol
    September 18, 2016 / 11:41 am

Wonderful shots – love the robins

13. September 18, 2016 / 10:44 am

Yes, can I help you? πŸ™‚ Great expression isn’t it Vic!

Beautiful shots.
    x

• September 18, 2016 / 4:20 pm

That is exactly what I thought when I took his photo! Thank you πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..Birds in the BiomeMy Profile

14. September 18, 2016 / 8:33 am

Before you mentioned Eden Project I thought it was early to see robins.

We need to visit there again soon

• September 18, 2016 / 4:22 pm

Thank you Darren – I was surprised to see them! Thanks for hosting.
      Victoria recently posted..Birds in the BiomeMy Profile

15. September 18, 2016 / 7:40 am

Beautiful photos. I love that final one catching its wings open.

16. Tara
    September 18, 2016 / 6:57 am

Fabulous pics, the singing robin is my favourite. Small birds always seem so hard to capture. I REALLY want to go to the Eden Project but it’s quite a drive from Norfolk. I think we will have to break up the trip a bit. #MySundayPhoto

17. September 18, 2016 / 6:47 am

These are so beautiful Victoria, I especially love the little Robin, they are one of my favourite birds x

18. September 18, 2016 / 6:23 am

What sweet birds! We just spent a week in Sri Lanka and I swear the country bird must be the ever annoying black crow! He was loud and everywhere!

19. September 18, 2016 / 12:34 am

I don’t know how you do it, as soon as I start to focus they are off, you must have such patience and are rewarded with wonderful photos.

• September 18, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Aww, thanks Fiona. I have a lot of patience – always have had. I think it is being the eldest of 7 and having to wait for things!! x
      Victoria recently posted..Birds in the BiomeMy Profile

20. September 18, 2016 / 12:17 am

I love how you’ve captured the robin’s colours so beautifully. We’ve been to the Eden Project twice before but never with the kids – one to add to the list!