A Little Egret Catches Fish at RSPB Ham Wall

A Little Egret Catches Fish at RSPB Ham Wall

A couple of weeks ago Grace and I took a trip to RSPB Ham Wall. We saw SO many wonderful things including dragonflies – one of which is on my Instagram feed – a grey heron (photos to follow of his interaction with a swan!), butterflies, a marsh harrier, cormorants, tufted ducks and white herons. We ventured out to the furthest hide on the reserve which was on two levels and, as a result, one of the things I was really pleased to be able to photograph was this Little Egret as it caught it’s afternoon meal. As you can see, fish was on the menu! It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed the way the reeds reflected on the water as well.

Little Egret Catching Fish at RSPB Ham Wall
Little Egret RSPB Ham Wall
Little Egret Ham Wall

If you are on Instagram, then don’t forget that my new Instagram linky, InstaLinkLove, is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. September 1, 2016 / 5:02 pm

I love examining your pics, you get better and better. The ones where it’s wings are folded inwards is fab!

2. August 31, 2016 / 9:20 am

Amazing set of photos; you’ve captured this so well my lovely πŸ™‚ xox

3. August 29, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Beautiful photos, you’ve captured him going for his meal perfectly and the reflections on the water really caught my eye. Lovely.

4. August 28, 2016 / 10:21 pm

What an amazing set of photos, and with such clarity. It must be amazing seeing the Egrets in full flight – they’re elegant birds
    #Sunday Photo

5. August 28, 2016 / 4:06 pm

Stunning! I tried taking photos of seagull and all I have is blurry ones. Its just so hard to capture moving birds and you have mastered taking photos of them =) #mysundayphoto
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted..Gloomy and RedMy Profile

6. August 28, 2016 / 2:48 pm

You must have a great deal of patience Victoria! Stunning photos. x

7. August 28, 2016 / 10:41 am

Wow those photos are incredible. Truly magnificent. Nature at it’s best. x

8. August 28, 2016 / 8:02 am

Amazing photos, I love seeing your wildlife photos

9. August 28, 2016 / 7:01 am

Wonderful timing as always, such a delight to see you wildlife photos each week

10. August 28, 2016 / 6:45 am

What fabulous shots. I would have been thrilled to see an egret. I love the reflections too. #MySundayPhoto

11. August 28, 2016 / 5:57 am

You know what catches my eye? The reflections in the water! That said, they’re great action shots. I have ot ask about the lighting; were these taken in harsh sunlight? It looks like they were, but that you won the batlle and got the exposure just right.

12. August 28, 2016 / 5:03 am

These are simply stunning Victoria, so beautifully captured x

13. August 28, 2016 / 1:08 am

I love your bird photos. You take some amazing shots.
    I used to love going to Slimbridge and just sitting in the hides watching the various birds flying around.
    Alan Herbert recently posted..My Sunday Photo 5My Profile