A Video of Our Visit to the Causeway Coast and Glens, Northern Ireland

A Video of Our Visit to the Causeway Coast and Glens, Northern Ireland

During May half term, Ross, Grace and I were lucky enough to be sent on a holiday to Northern Ireland courtesy of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council. I had only ever visited Southern Ireland and Ross and Grace had never been at all, so we were very excited to be able to take in some of the well-known landmarks – including some of the more recently established locations thanks to Game of Thrones.

Despite the fact that we were only there for 3 nights, we all agreed that it felt a lot longer than that. We had the opportunity to visit the Bushmills Distillery, we experienced a tour with Glenara Elite and Dalriada Kingdom Tours which took us to see many of the sites including The Giants Causeway and the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (a scary but memorable experience!) and then we went on a special tour of the Rathlin Island by boat.

The hotel during our stay was the 4 star golfing retreat, Roe Park Resort. Their rooms were spacious and comfortable and the food was well-prepared and very tasty.

Like the rest of the UK, Ireland is generally known for it’s wet weather but not during our trip. We were lucky to experience some of the best weather they have had and many comments were passed at how fortunate we were!

Much is said about how accommodating and friendly the Irish are – and this was certainly our take on it too. Mark Rodgers from Dalriada Kingdom Tours and Frances Galbraith from Glenara Elite just couldn’t do enough for us. They were friendly without being intrusive and both had so much knowledge on hand. Mark is such a gifted storyteller who fills you with intrigue about his homeland. He knows so much of the history and folklore and we would have happily carried on listening to him. Frances quietly works away in the background, rescheduling things where necessary and making sure that we saw all the sites we had planned for.

You will find a review of each of our experiences over on my travel blog, Victoria Visits, but I thought I would share a video of our experience here. I hope it gives you just a small idea of a trip that we will remember for a long time to come.

And then the fun began...

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. August 8, 2016 / 11:29 am

OMG so beautiful! It’s one of the places I’ve always wanted to visit. I think I’ve totally freak out on the bridge through!

• August 8, 2016 / 5:33 pm

It is a fantastic place! I would definitely recommend it. Oh, we SO did – this was on the way back in the video so it was a bit easier!
      Victoria recently posted..Loving the LavenderMy Profile

2. August 3, 2016 / 11:38 pm

Ah! It’s so beautiful! I love your choice of music too – really set the scene. Northern Ireland is definitely on my bucket list. Thanks for linking up to #thetruthabout X

• August 8, 2016 / 5:34 pm

Thank you Sam – glad you liked the music too, I love Kate Rusby. You should definitely go! Thanks for hosting x
      Victoria recently posted..Loving the LavenderMy Profile

3. August 3, 2016 / 4:33 pm

You managed to do so much in three days – no wonder it felt like longer. I visited southern Ireland very briefly while there for a wedding. It was beautiful but we didn’t see any of the sights apart from Dublin. The coastline looks beautiful.
    Claire at Tin Box Traveller recently posted..48 hours in Barcelona with a buggyMy Profile

4. August 2, 2016 / 10:16 pm

I’ve never been to this part of Ireland, but this looks absolutely lovely – and I love those wobbly bridges!

5. August 2, 2016 / 9:36 pm

Oooh I’m not sure about the bridge! I have family in Ireland (technically S. Ireland but more Northern than most of the North!) and keep saying we really ought to go over. It’s such a beautiful country isn’t it. Glad you had a good time – off over to read the full review!

• August 8, 2016 / 5:36 pm

We weren’t sure about that bridge but we couldn’t get all that way and not do it! I hope you enjoyed the other reviews x
      Victoria recently posted..Loving the LavenderMy Profile

6. August 2, 2016 / 7:37 am

It looks amazing. I think I’d feel a little uncertain going over that bridge. Perhaps I’d skip that bit and just hang out at the distillery a little longer.

• August 8, 2016 / 5:37 pm

We all felt the same about the bridge! Good job we didn’t drink whisky beforehand though – I probably would have seen it come back again!!
      Victoria recently posted..Loving the LavenderMy Profile