Visit Dubai. A Poem

Visit Dubai. A Poem

Visit Dubai

There is lots on my bucket list
That I’d like to one day tick off
But there’s one thing I just can’t miss
If I do, I might be rather cross

You see, there’s a place I’d love to go
That has sunshine and lots of blue sky
It’s a place you might well know
Yes, I’d like to visit Dubai

festival-1419369-640x480

It’s a country full of beautiful things
The people, the culture and food
I am sure that the person who wins
Will find it more than just good!

There is so very much to do
Whether it’s thrill, see or play
On the website, I had a look through
There’s tonnes on offer each day

atlantis-waterslide-1523874-640x480

For Grace there is the waterpark
The Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure
I know for her it will hit the mark
No matter how much it will drench her!

For Ross, he loves culture and arts
He would love the theatre, Madinat
Designed with a citadel as its parts
I have to say I’d also like that

madinat-jumeriah-4-1527470-640x480

The Souk Al Bahar is what I want to see
The market in Downtown Dubai
I would carry my camera along with me
And click as the world passes by

As a family we would like to explore
A Landrover desert safari
Arabia Horizons showing us more
Bedouin camps under nights that are starry

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Some of the best food I have ever seen
The machboos and khameer to taste
I know I’d love Emirati cuisine
I’d come back with a much bigger waist!

So, what about you, would you like to go?
I bet you would as much as I
All you need do is comment below
And you too could visit Dubai!

Victoria Welton 25th May 2016

This post is my entry in to the Tots100/Dubai Dreams blogger challenge. You can find more details here. Don’t forget to comment on my post – and any of the others on the linky – for your chance to win a holiday of your own to Dubai.

Why not nip over to the Visit Dubai website if you’d like to learn more?

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. June 4, 2016 / 9:47 pm

Great little poem Vicky. I love the line about the ‘much bigger waist!’. With lots to see and do, I wouldn’t say not to Dubai either πŸ™‚ Thanks for hosting #prose4t

2. May 27, 2016 / 1:30 pm

I think there is so much to do in Dubai – Dubai must be special – it has inspired a lovely poem!

3. May 26, 2016 / 10:06 pm

You thought of everyone and showed how creative and inspiring you are. A beautiful poem for a beautiful city. The starry skies in a bedouin tent are one of my bucket list wishes too! I think it would be one of those moments when you would have to pinch yourselves, look up to the sky and feel like you could touch the stars xx
    Lucy @capturebylucy recently posted..Middle East Milestones β€’ #DXBDreamsMy Profile

4. May 26, 2016 / 7:21 pm

I absolutely love this entry, you’ve obviously put so much thought into the things you would love to experience. We’ve never been to Dubai and I am literally amazed at how much there is for families to see and do. I’m so impressed. We’d love to do a lot of the things you’ve mentioned in your post especially a visit to the souks (the writer in me is dying to get in there and absorb the atmosphere) and probably try and squeeze a visit to the turtle rehabilitation centre for Meg who wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up. But really, the list could just go on and on couldn’t it? I’m fairly confident that if we were lucky enough to go we’d fall head over heels and probably never want to leave again! Maybe I could hide in your suitcase if you are lucky enough to be chosen as the winner!! πŸ™‚

• May 26, 2016 / 8:55 pm

Thank you so much Jess πŸ™‚ I am glad you enjoyed the poem. Me too! Ever since looking at the site I have found more and more things we would love to experience. If I do and I could, I would! πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..Prose for Thought. Thursday 26th May 2016My Profile

5. May 26, 2016 / 5:01 pm

My dream is for me and my family to swim with Dolphins in Dubai (it makes me tear up at the thought!). I would love to do it in a much more natural setting than in a swimming pool and I have heard there are some amazing places to swim with them! I would love to visit Atlantis too as it would be a brilliant day for everyone (and I am a big kid). I also wouldn’t mind chilling on the beach with my boys, building sandcastles too. Just heaven!

6. Kayleigh White
    May 26, 2016 / 4:49 pm

Fabulous poem!
    I’d love to visit Dubai, a dream destination of mine.

7. Rebecca Beesley
    May 26, 2016 / 4:34 pm

A fantastic poem, so I will respond in rhyme,
    Dubai – both thoroughly modern and frozen in time.
    With history, culture, and adventures galore,
    There’s no place on earth I’d rather visit more.

For all in the family, a menu of delight,
    Sights to see by day, and the glories of night.
    The fountain, the dolphins, the penguins, the snow..
    beaches, and kites and spa treatments to glow.

A foodie scene, restaurants that are totally unique,
    Something called a miracle garden, my interest’s been piqued.

Thank you for the inspiration, it’s the place of my dreams,
    I hope that dreams will come true for you and for me.

• May 26, 2016 / 8:48 pm

Thank you so much for responding in rhyme
      I hope we will both get our dream in time
      Good luck to you with you comment above
      And all the best to you with much love! x
      Victoria recently posted..Prose for Thought. Thursday 26th May 2016My Profile

8. May 26, 2016 / 4:06 pm

Looks fantastic – definitely a place to add to the “when we win the lottery” list…!

9. May 26, 2016 / 3:10 pm

This is very clever….

Dubai holds a place in my heart,
    A place so big, now where to start,
    From welcoming me with open arms,
    To wooing me with all it’s charms
    I’ve never been anywhere like Dubai
    With heat so hot you feel you’ll fry
    Culture music beaches sand
    Swimming pools, markets and desert land
    Theres something there for everyone
    Seeing sights of Dubai I’ve barely done
    Returning home to cooler plains
    People listen as I try to explain
    The wondrous nature of Dubai
    Sunny days, deep blue sky
    I don’t do justice to the Arabian skies
    Instead, pick me, to win this prize
    I’ll try to take more pictures, write the words
    Of Dubai, the place of which more should have heard….

10. May 26, 2016 / 2:41 pm

Fantastic prom Vic, I know all the sights sounds colours so much for the whole family, the Dolphins, Fountains, water park, spa, safari and those hotels so luxurious I just know its the perfect holiday for us x

11. May 26, 2016 / 1:20 pm

Given your love of poetry this was the perfect entry for you. You have managed to let readers know so much about Dubai, in a really fun way.
    I keep changing my mind about what my top 5 activities would be. A desert safari and a dolphin experience both feature highly on my list, as I really would love my children to have these experiences.
    The four hour time difference also appeals. I do suffer from jet lag, and over excitement when I go away, and usually end up getting up about 5am. I have never taken the children long haul, so this would be a nice test case. Well, actually it wouldn’t be nice, it would be absolutely fantastic!
    Good Luck.
    Mel @mydaysni recently posted..5 Kitchen Gadgets I’m Loving Right NowMy Profile

12. May 26, 2016 / 12:50 pm

What a lovely ode to Dubai, and knowing nothing about it, your poem tells me so much about Dubai. I probably never appreciated it had so much on offer. I hope you get to visit as it sounds like you will all have a fabulous time x #Prose4T
    Michelle G recently posted..Field Notes: An Event Apart Boston 2016My Profile

13. Richard Beesley
    May 26, 2016 / 12:10 pm

Dubai looks simply amazing. So much to do, so many different worlds all wrapped up in one gorgeous place. Looking at what Dubai has to offer, I’ve been really impressed by the range of family-friendly options – theme parks, indoor fun sessions, skate parks – as well as sports, stunning beaches, and entertainment.

What I hadn’t realised was how much variety there is in Dubai in terms of food and culture. Our son is a huge foodie, despite being only 10, and would love visiting some of the restaurants and tasting the new flavours.

As a family we would love to be able to visit Dubai, and experience just a taste of what is on offer. Our elder son loves nature, so would enjoy the different wildlife on show. And dad… well, quad-biking in the sand dunes would suit him perfectly. As for mum… of course Dubai is a shopper’s paradise! And I’m sure we would all enjoy a tour of historic Dubai, as well as the many museums. There truly is something for everyone.

The hardest part will be choosing what to do. It really does seem that Dubai has it all, a wealth of opportunities to explore and experience.

Dubai really is the city of possibilities and I want to ‘Discover All That’s Possible In Dubai’.

14. May 26, 2016 / 12:02 pm

Grace would love aqua adventure – actually you all would. I would love to head out to the desert and do a camel safari, we just couldn’t fit everything that we wanted to do in when we went. I would also like to visit the souks – I can just imagine the smells of the spice souk.

15. Rose
    May 26, 2016 / 11:33 am

wow, makes me want to visit too πŸ™‚

16. May 26, 2016 / 10:52 am

That did make me want to go – I’d never considered it before! #prose4t

17. May 26, 2016 / 10:29 am

To visit Dubai would be a foodie’s dream come true,
    So many places to eat, and so many things to do.

First on the list is a burger, from a food truck by the sand,
    Followed by an ice-cream, double scoop in hand.

I’d love to eat whilst watching an incredible display
    From the musical fountains whilst the children play.

A Ravi’s curry (I hear) really is a must-try
    As is meal at At:Mosphere, high up in the sky.

To round it off, a Friday brunch-
    so much to taste, and try and munch.

Just for now I can only dream
    But I hope it can all come true
    For there really is no other trip that I would rather do.

Good luck Victoria! x

18. May 26, 2016 / 10:03 am

Dubai must be special – it has inspired a lovely poem! I think it is such a unique family destination that it appeals to all ages. Toddlers right through to teens. I know all my kids would love it. We can even do some activities for free so it does not have to be horrendously costly to have a totally fantastic time. Good luck πŸ™‚

19. Vicky Torrance
    May 26, 2016 / 9:21 am

My Top things in Dubai.
    1. Miracle Garden. I saw it on Gardener’s World I think and it made a huge impression. (As an aside, that was me tweeting Monty Don about any chance of a programme on Islamic Gardening a few days ago.) Concept gardening on a grand scale – truly a miracle. World class horticulture for me, and in your face whackiness for the kids.
    2. Dubai Conservation Reserve. A 4 by 4 safari, which my kids would LOVE, with a natural environment and culture that they have never been lucky enough to experience.
    3. The Malls.
    The Dubai Mall, because, WOW!
    Also The Dragon Mall. Read an article about it in the Economist using it as a microcosm of the interconnected nature and dynamism of world trade. I have a vision of it in my head as being like something from Blade Runner, except not in the dark or raining, or having the underlying feeling of glamorous menace. Okay nothing like Blade Runner except constantly busy and diverse and that is more than good enough for me.
    Goodness, just thinking about it, I would LOVE to go to Dubai!

20. May 26, 2016 / 1:46 am

I think there is so much to do in Dubai – we are a fmaily of six but it’s one of those places that has something for everyone. We would visit a waterpark, swim with dolphins, head to see the fountains ( a few times), pay the beach a visit and we’d have to have a ski before we left too .

Good luck with your entry x