Three Acrostic Poems by Grace

Three Acrostic Poems by Grace

This week, rather than share some of my own poetry, I am sharing three of Grace’s. She was recently given a piece of homework where she was able to choose from a list of words and write an acrostic poem.  She chose the words League, Tongue and Plague. This is what she wrote:

League

Lovely grass, every where
Each piece bright green
A bird watching in a tree
Grasshoppers in a field
Unimaginable beauty
Eating all day long

Tongue

The thick snow
On roof tops
Nothing in sight
Gorging on marshmallows
Unbelievable sweetness
Every winter I love

Plague

Plague is a horrible thing
Lots of work for doctors
Another person dead
Great sadness
Under the weather
Every body, very ill

Grace, aged 9. May 2016.

Prose for Thought
Awards wording
BritMums
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. May 14, 2016 / 11:07 pm

Wow, she’s good isn’t she? Love the first one especially. Well done Grace.

2. May 13, 2016 / 11:26 pm

She definitely has inherited some of your talent hasn’t she. Such lovely poems well done Grace xx

3. May 13, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Aah, how lovely 🙂 This makes me think back to writing poetry at school – it’s so natural, and you don’t over-think things when you’re young. You just write, without restrictions. Lovely x #Prose4T

4. May 13, 2016 / 3:04 am

Love these, especially the first one. Well done Grace! And, how lovely of you to share them. My eldest just had to write a book of poetry for a school project. 40 poems later…! But, he made a great job of it, kids imaginations are wonderful x

5. May 12, 2016 / 12:23 pm

WOW!!! What a talent she is. I loved how the first one made me feel like I wanted to get outside and enjoy the beauty all around. I particularly enjoyed the reference to marshmallows – made me want to try some! As for the last one, I really got a sense of the tragedy of the plague, and the utter desolation. Well done Grace, what a star x #Prose4T

6. May 12, 2016 / 11:14 am

Lovely work by your Grace! She definitely got some of that poetry prowess from you, Victoria! Thanks for sharing her work. She must be thrilled that her words now share a space with her mom’s 🙂 Have a lovely rest of the week. So glad I was able to join you for Prose4t this week.

7. May 12, 2016 / 10:59 am

I love them! Kids are amazing at poetry. As adults, most of us lose those skills – apart from you, of course! Grace clearly has it in her genes 🙂 x

8. May 12, 2016 / 6:18 am