Song for the Weekend #9 – Confusion by The Electric Light Orchestra

Song for the Weekend #9 – Confusion by The Electric Light Orchestra

I have been a big lover of The Electric Light Orchestra, or ELO as they are more commonly known, since I was a small child – this is is mainly down to my father. Each Sunday the strains of at least one of their albums would fill our house and I can distinctly remember ‘Mr Blue Sky’ and ‘The Diary of Horace Wimp’ being two of my most favourites.

ELO’s front man, Jeff Lynne, has gone on to be one of the musicians who inspires me the most. His melodies and style are pretty distinguishable and when I heard Bryan Adams latest album, I knew straight away that he had had a hand in it.

When I saw that this week’s The Prompt with Mum Turned Mom was ‘Confusion’, the ELO song of the same name was what came to mind straight away. Another of their classics, this is my Song for the Weekend and I hope you enjoy it.

mumturnedmom Post Comment Love
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. March 17, 2016 / 2:27 pm

I didn’t know the song, but I liked it! Hope you had a lovely weekend Victoria. x
    Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo

2. March 14, 2016 / 8:08 am

We were SO on the same wavelength this week – as soon as I saw the word I too heard this ELO track and reading your post was just what I would have written for mine – Dad being a big ELO fan πŸ™‚ Therefore loved your post but I have had to go down a different track with my entry instead!

3. March 13, 2016 / 2:21 pm

Oh just had to say that this brings back memories Victoria!!

4. March 11, 2016 / 8:13 pm

Aw, I was only a toddler when this was released! I don’t know it but I really like it! Thanks for sharing #theprompt

5. March 11, 2016 / 6:33 pm

I’m with Jo, you really can’t beat a bit of ELO πŸ™‚ Classics. Lovely to listen to this, really brightened up my day! Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted..Outdoors: a snowman at lastMy Profile

6. March 11, 2016 / 3:51 pm

You can’t beat a bit of ELO! Bev Bevan on drums, takes me right back…