The Conception Diaries #4 – Friday 11th September 2015

The Conception Diaries #4 – Friday 11th September 2015

Welcome to the fourth in my series of vlogs, ‘The Conception Diaries’.

Yesterday my guest post was published over on the Mumsnet site and the support and words of love have been overwhelming. I was apprehensive when Ross and I put this ‘out there’ but I just didn’t realise just how much it would help. It has been really amazing. Thank you so very much to everyone who has got in touch. People have called me inspirational – but I certainly don’t think that is the case. I know some people might think I am over-sharing – but that is my decision to make. All I am is someone going through a struggle like many other people do and I just want to help those who might feel alone and think they are the only ones. You are not.

Last week I shared a video recorded on 15th September 2015. This one was recorded on Friday 11th September 2015 but I had filed it somewhere else so I completely forgot about it! I think it was because I was in such a state that day that I didn’t really know what I was doing. I do get upset in this one but I try and pull myself back by thinking of the positives. I guess it was just part of the rough phase – I am in a much better place now I hasten to add!

Don’t miss a vlog – subscribe to my YouTube Channel

And then the fun began...
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. February 13, 2016 / 6:26 pm

Hi Victoria, I love your videos. It shows that you are human and I have no doubt that they are a great help to other people in a similar position. It’s always good to be able to relate to someone who is going through what we are going through, whatever that maybe. As for those who think you are over sharing? Well, I wouldn’t worry about them, for one thing no one is making them watch your videos and secondly they are probably some of life’s wingers and love to moan (so in a round about way you are helping them too).

I love that you turn to chocolate when times are tough. You are my kind of lady!

Take care.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Spring Flowers On ZakynthosMy Profile

2. February 12, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Oh Vicky, I wanted to wipe our tears away and bring you a big bar of galaxy and a nice hot cuppa… thanks for sharing this again x #thetruthabout

3. February 11, 2016 / 8:37 am

How do I say this? I did not like you being sad but I enjoyed the honesty and rawness of this vlog and KNOW it will help other people as we do when we share. You look so beautiful – you always do but even more so as you tell your truth. I wish you all the best. You can ride this challenging time – you have been through stuff and you can ride this one too and come out smiling

4. February 10, 2016 / 8:19 am

Oh Vic this was sad to watch. Glad to hear the down days aren’t so frequent now. Well done for keeping going with everything else. x

5. February 9, 2016 / 10:48 am

I’m so pleased that even in the midst of a really difficult time, you find the positives. I’m sure you’re helping so many women by sharing your video diaries like this. You deserve every happiness and I’m sure you’ll continue to have so many more positives. Lots of love xx

6. Izzie Anderton
    February 7, 2016 / 9:50 am

So happy to hear that you’re feeling more positive about everything now. Wishing you all the luck in the world, I hope there is good news to report very soon x
    Izzie Anderton recently posted..Creating the perfect workspace for two…My Profile

• February 7, 2016 / 3:45 pm

Thank you so much Izzie – I still have my down days but they are nowhere near as frequent 🙂 Me too! x
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

7. February 7, 2016 / 8:10 am

Aw Vic. Facebook regularly messes with my head. I think for someone unaware of the struggles you (or anyone in your situation) is going through it is too easy to dash off a status like the one you quoted when what they really should have put was “*my* kids have driven *me* up the wall today!”. I guess the opposite would be true too – the cute baby picture/look at my perfect experience type status which ends up coming across as smug. Its really difficult as the whole Motherhood Challenge debacle has shown – so divisive. I know this was recorded in the past but I think you’re right to try and re-focus on the positives – that’s the difference between an optimist and a pessimist – no matter how bad times get, keeping a hold of positive mental attitude can only be a good thing (which is easier said than done I realise and I will be putting myself to the test on this one shortly). I hope you managed to find a good deal on the flights – good call on that – I think there are some brilliant deals to be had on flights if you look at the right time – probably too late but I’ve just become aware of the website skyscanner.net which compares prices across all the airlines for the best price on any given specified day/time. Thanks for sharing this journey on #thetruthabout linky – I’m really glad that you feel that it is a supportive place. We should meet up some time X

• February 7, 2016 / 4:01 pm

You are so right – and I guess that is the downside of social media (although there are plenty of ups to balance it out thankfully!). I forget sometimes how much of an optimist I am!! It is not too late on the flight recommendations and I will definitely take a look at Skyscanner – thank you for the recommendation. I love The Truth About linky – it really is so supportive. We definitely should! xx
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

8. February 6, 2016 / 6:39 pm

Someone very close to me has been through your journey and I truly feel your pain and your courage.

• February 7, 2016 / 4:06 pm