A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time

Original

I think it is really interesting what you find sitting in the corner of fields around this country. This is a Christmas tree farm in Somerset and I have no clue what this machinery is nor what it was used for. I did find it a fascinating subject for a photograph though and I wanted to see how it would come up if I edited the image to give it a sepia effect. To me, it looks like we have been transported to the Wild West and that the machinery was in the midst of being used as time suddenly stood still. The second image is the original photograph and brings us back to the present day.

OneDad3Girls
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. February 10, 2016 / 10:37 pm

The antique processing works really well for this; great stuff πŸ™‚ xox

2. February 10, 2016 / 12:39 pm

i love these photos but the sepia one is fantastic. it looks like some kind of grain crusher doesn’t it? i can imagine throwing wheat in and turning the handle and getting …flour? goodness what it did. a real step back in time.

3. February 10, 2016 / 3:34 am

That machine (whatever it is) makes a really interesting subject but it totally changes when you added the sepia. Looks like a picture from the 1930s – just add some fake wrinkles and creases and no one will know the difference.

4. February 7, 2016 / 10:47 pm

You are so creative and I love the way you think. Somebody will be able to tell you what it is -maybe those who run agricultural shows

5. February 7, 2016 / 9:09 pm

I love that sepia effect, it suits that scene so well. I have just got a new camera and this has inspired me to seek out the sepia effect, I have no idea what I’m doing but looking to learn. A lovely picture as always xx

• February 7, 2016 / 11:08 pm

Thank you so much Lisa. I had to find the subject first – the sepia was done as an edit afterwards πŸ™‚ Enjoy your new camera xx
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

• February 7, 2016 / 11:14 pm

Thank you Jayne. That sounds really interesting – I need to look that up! πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

6. February 7, 2016 / 7:49 pm

I love the way the filter makes the photo look really really old! I actually thought it was until I saw the photo below! Like others, I have no clue what the machinery is.

Laura x x x

• February 7, 2016 / 11:20 pm

Thank you so much Laura – glad it had the right effect πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..A Moment in TimeMy Profile

7. February 7, 2016 / 7:41 pm

The filter makes it look so different and so effective! Fab shot full of story.

8. February 7, 2016 / 3:52 pm

The sepia does make a great effect! Fantastic picture.

9. February 7, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Oh wow the sepia really does take you back in time doesn’t it – it really is like looking at the wild west and its so interesting to see the original too!

10. February 7, 2016 / 1:59 pm

You’re so right, definitely a look back to a bygone age

11. February 7, 2016 / 1:14 pm

I love the sepia effect Victoria – I think it reallly highlights the photo’s features.

12. February 7, 2016 / 12:00 pm

Wow! Your photography skill is amazing! I love both if the photos. I think my kids would be all over it if they find that thing in our local fields walk. x #MySundayPhoto
    Su {Ethan & Evelyn} recently posted..My Sunday Photo: Morning FrostMy Profile

13. February 7, 2016 / 10:52 am

The sepia effect really makes it look like you found this photo in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere. Brilliant!

14. February 7, 2016 / 9:02 am

I really love the sepia effects it definitely changes the entire picture, very old and classic looking.

15. February 7, 2016 / 8:10 am

The sepia effect works so well on this photos. I love looking out for random things, we found a massive engine in the middle of some woods once.

16. February 7, 2016 / 7:46 am

Sepia works really well and as we have various bits of old machinery at the gite I may try taking some photos and changing them to sepia. I can’t tell what the piece of machinery by the tree is but the other is a mangle chopper. Mangle roots (also known as sugarbeet) are fed into the top, the handle is turned and blades inside chop the roots into small pieces that are easier for cattle and other farm animal to eat. We used to have one on our farm when I was a child.
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted..30 Tips to Survive a Power CutMy Profile

17. February 7, 2016 / 7:45 am

The sepia edit looks great, it does take me to the wild west. Hope you are o.k x

18. February 7, 2016 / 7:38 am

Love this, especially in sepia, it sent me back in time…
    Thank you for your lovely comment and the good wishes on my new website Of Lens And Pen, happy you love the name! πŸ™‚ xx

19. February 7, 2016 / 7:31 am

It looks fantastic in sepia! Definitely looks right that way. The modern day colour just doesn’t have the same effect.

20. February 7, 2016 / 7:18 am

The sepia effect is one of my favourites to use to transport photos and you really have captured it perfectly here. Great shot and edit! #MySundayPhoto

21. February 7, 2016 / 7:15 am

Hi Victoria, I totally agree that the first picture looks like something out of the Wild West. The change in the feel of the two photos according to their colouring is quite amazing… And I do wonder what that piece of machinery is for?

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Spring Flowers On ZakynthosMy Profile

22. February 7, 2016 / 4:38 am

Love the contrast of the two different styles of photos, it would be great to see a HDR version too for that hyper-realism effect.

23. February 7, 2016 / 1:29 am

An amazing effect and I really like it, you just need someone in old clothes and I’d swear it was from another era. A perfect photo for a little time swap.

24. February 7, 2016 / 12:32 am

Great photo and the different edits really shows how you can change a photograph.
    I adore black and white photos because they make the subject matter timeless, but I think the sepia effect works even better.
    Definitely from the wild west… but I can’t help you on what the machinery was used for. The only thing I can think of is for stripping the trees?
    Have a great Sunday

25. February 7, 2016 / 12:14 am

Wow, the sepia effect really changes the feeling of the photo. It is great when you find something interesting like this hidden away somewhere, I wonder what it was used for?
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted..My Sunday Photo 07-02-16My Profile

26. February 7, 2016 / 12:13 am

I love the sepia effect – works really well. Definitely feels like an image that you might find hanging on the wall of an old saloon bar somewhere in the Wild West.
    Tim recently posted..My Sunday Photo: Once, twice, no times a ladyMy Profile

27. February 7, 2016 / 12:09 am

I love the way the sepia effect really does change the whole feel of the photograph and makes you feel like you have been transported back in time with the colour one bringing you back. That does look like an interesting piece of machinery although I have no idea what it is either!