Content. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

Content. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

My more eagle-eyed readers may have noticed that I have skipped a prompt to get to this week’s word which is ‘content’.

Firstly, the photo is of our cat, Gypsy. She loves sitting on the ledge of the sofa behind us each evening and always seems to sleep there with a cat smile on her face. She looks so happy and content.

I felt the need to write this poem after my acting job last Thursday. I suddenly realised that I have SO much more that I want to do with my life. Ross is just the same as me – we both seem to take on a lot but that is how we thrive! It also goes hand in hand with a rather special project I have set for myself next year for my poetry.

I have put a recording up underneath as I think that this is one that needs to be listened to in order to help it make sense.

Content

Just content? That isn’t enough for me
I want so much more than being happy
I want a life that’s rich and full
To go full force when I feel the pull

Of something more than just nine to five
Not just to live but to be alive
I want to feel accomplished in what I’ve done
Try hard and work to be number one

To get through to the end with no regrets
To live on in something so no one forgets

Victoria Welton Thursday 12th November 2015

Prose for Thought
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. November 25, 2015 / 3:31 pm

I love this poem! The line ‘not just to live but to be alive’ is a fantastic line that jumped right out at me!

2. November 25, 2015 / 1:11 pm

That’s such a lovely poem! You’re very lucky to be able to write them so well πŸ™‚

3. November 21, 2015 / 6:49 am

Aww Victoria. This is such a great wee diddy. I need exactly these motivating words this weekend & so you’ve cheered me on to get stuck in to my mounting “I want to do” list! Maybe you need to create a motivational mantras app! Enjoyed listening.
    Susie F recently posted..The Best Days?My Profile

4. Louisa
    November 20, 2015 / 8:43 pm

What a wonderful poem. I often wonder if I am making enough of my life, if I’m squeezing enough out of it. Your poem is so motivation and urges us on to squeeze more out of our life x
    Louisa recently posted..Plans for a major bedroom renovationMy Profile

5. November 20, 2015 / 5:53 pm

Yep, I’d say that’s a happy cat! πŸ™‚

Brilliant poem; skillfully putting all that meaning into a couple of verses…great stuff my friend πŸ™‚ xox
    Lisa from Lisa’s Life recently posted..The Prompt: ViewMy Profile

6. November 20, 2015 / 2:32 pm

This really resonates with me this week. To do more to be alive, has really summed up my week. Beautiful thank you x
    tracey bowden recently posted..AmbitionMy Profile

7. Izzie Anderton
    November 20, 2015 / 10:57 am

I love your poem… they are such inspirational words x
    Izzie Anderton recently posted..Win a Candle from Blaze OnMy Profile

8. November 19, 2015 / 11:22 am

Such motivation in this poem, Victoria! I love the line: “Not just to live but to be alive” It’s such a great reminder that there’s more to life than the routine and the mundane–that our dreams are actually achievable if we try hard enough.

Thanks for sharing this and hosting us this week. Hope all is well. Have a fantastic rest of your day πŸ™‚
    Maria recently posted..4 Little Things I’m Thankful for as a BloggerMy Profile

9. November 19, 2015 / 7:49 am

Oh this poem is so inspirational! I love it! Although the contentment of your cat wouldn’t be too bad either πŸ™‚ #prose4t
    Kyles @ Pickles and Pords recently posted..BubblesMy Profile