3 Acrostic Poems from Grace.

3 Acrostic Poems from Grace.

A couple of weeks ago, Grace was set some homework by school that she excitedly shared with Ross and I. She had been asked to write 3 acrostic poems using the following words; COUPLE, YOUNG and SOUTHERN. Not an easy task for an 8 year old but she certainly rose to the challenge.

I was so impressed with what she had written that I promised her that I would share it on my blog. She also wrote all the poems out again neatly, just for me and they are now on my wall.

Couple

Cats playing and having fun
Outside in the garden
Up on the fence
Pulling each others tails
Loud and noisy
Ending the day with a big yawn

Young

Young little pups playing
Outside in the garden
U-apping all the time
Nothing in their way
Grateful for the little pups

Southern

Something’s out there
Outside in the grass
Unseeable and quiet
Taking little steps backwards
Hurry to the front door
Entering the street
Running and running
Nothing in my way

Grace, aged 8. Thursday 15th October 2015

I think my favourite has to be Southern. Which one is yours?

Prose for Thought
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. November 6, 2015 / 6:09 am

Mine is Couple …. lovely poems. I like homework that challenge and inspire and I agree that she definitely rose to it. Good job, Grace.
    aNoviceMum recently posted..One Impressive Pigeon with GritMy Profile

2. tracey bowden
    November 1, 2015 / 8:13 pm

She really does have your way with words, very talented well done Grace. I like southern best too
    tracey bowden recently posted..Saving for ChristmasMy Profile

3. November 1, 2015 / 6:27 am

Hi Victoria, I didn’t have a clue as to what an acrostic poem was until now. Living and learning all the time! Grace did a good job of stepping up to the challenge, they are all cleverly written and I would have to say that my favourite is the second one ‘Young’, I like the clever way Grace has used the letter U.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..It Would Be Misleading To Call It Gardening…My Profile

4. Maddy@writingbubble
    October 31, 2015 / 1:27 pm

Oh Grace has definitely got talent! I also like Southern best – it has great atmosphere especially for this time of year!
    Maddy@writingbubble recently posted..halloween limerickMy Profile

5. October 31, 2015 / 2:34 am

Very impressed by how well she’s done them. I like Southern best, too. #PoCoLo
    Silly Mummy recently posted..It’s Too Scary!My Profile

6. Louisa
    October 30, 2015 / 8:07 pm

Wonderful poems Grace, you are very talented. My favourite is Couple. Keep up the good work! x

7. Raising Mighy Girls
    October 30, 2015 / 7:24 pm

My favourite is definitely COUPLE. What a talented daughter. I love when children enjoy literacy and creative work. #pocolo

8. October 30, 2015 / 7:14 pm

Wow! Brilliant poems, I definitely love Southern too. I’m not surprised you got her to write them out again for you, I would be really proud if one of my daughters wrote them. #PoCoLo
    Alice @ The Filling Glass recently posted..Looking good, feeling great?My Profile

9. Tracey Abrahams
    October 30, 2015 / 5:22 pm

She certainly has quite a talent with words. Couple is my favourite one. #Pocolo
    Tracey Abrahams recently posted..50 Things About Me, With A Twist!My Profile

10. October 30, 2015 / 11:44 am

She’s certainly takes after you with crafting beautiful words. I love Southern as well. There’s a mystery to it that’s captivating, and the fact that she was able to capture it in so little verses is magic! Nicely done, Grace.

Thank you for sharing these, Victoria, and for hosting us on Prose for Thought. Wishing you a great rest of the week!
    Maria recently posted..SHINE Blog Hop #71My Profile

11. October 30, 2015 / 9:29 am

These are brilliant. Southern is my favourite too – I love the way Grace has managed to capture so much suspense in a short poem. I also loved Couple as the imagery of the two cats is just perfect.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..The Friday Focus 30/10/15My Profile

12. October 30, 2015 / 9:09 am

Great poems Grace 🙂 My kids love writing Acrostic poems too. It’s hard to choose but I think my favourite is ‘Couple’. Looks like you have inherited your Mum’s talent for poetry!
    Sarah recently posted..Marbling Bottles with Nail PolishMy Profile

13. Izzie Anderton
    October 30, 2015 / 6:45 am

Grace obviously takes after her mum with her talent for writing poetry. Southern is my favourite poem too – I love how Grace builds suspense.
    Izzie Anderton recently posted..The Week That Was – 26th October 2015My Profile

14. October 30, 2015 / 6:40 am

Fantastic. They are great! I like Southern too. Great imagination and a good homework task… Really helping them to get to grips with poetry early on! She should be very proud of herself. #pocolo

15. October 29, 2015 / 11:13 am

Wow, she’s got her mum’s way with words doesn’t she? They’re incredible for an eight year old! Southern is my favourite too. It has an eery quality. I love it! Pass on my congratulations. She’s a fantastic little poet! #prose4t
    Kyles @ Pickles and Pords recently posted..Reading is…My Profile