A Seagull Takes Off at Weymouth Harbour

A Seagull Takes Off at Weymouth Harbour

Seagull in Weymouth HarbourLast weekend we stayed down in Portland with Ross’ parents. We paid a visit to Weymouth Harbour where I sat and photographed the seagulls. Normally I find them rather clumsy birds on land but they are so graceful in the air. I have decided to turn the more dramatic one into black and white and the more graceful, serene one stays in it’s original colour form.

OneDad3Girls
ANIMALTALES
You Baby Me Mummy
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. October 17, 2015 / 8:40 pm

Wonderful pictures huni. Great captures! Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

2. Rosie @ Little Fish
    October 14, 2015 / 10:11 pm

Great photos – I especially love the black and white one, you can really see the action! Hearing you talk about Weymouth makes me feel very nostalgic. I am from just near there – but now living in the states and it all seems so far away. Hope you had a lovely day by the harbour. x
    Rosie @ Little Fish recently posted..41/52 Daddy and Little M SelfieMy Profile

3. October 13, 2015 / 7:07 am

These 2 photos are great and I agree with how the first looks good in black and white and the second on colour. I used to go on holiday to Weymouth and loved the harbour. How about linking these up to #AnimalTales this week?!
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted..Animal Tales 43My Profile

4. October 12, 2015 / 1:01 pm

That is just an amazing set of photos. The take off happens so quickly that you don’t really get to see the seagull in all its glory but you’ve captured it superbly – and he looks quite graceful in his symmetry. I also love how the shape of the water as he takes off – really amazing shot!
    #BWphotoproject xx
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted..Black & White Photo Project #19My Profile

5. October 11, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Simply fab! Wowser all the way. I especially like the coloured pic,

Oh the graceful spread of its wings right to the curve ot their tips,
    the spread of its tail wings without any crisp,
    The focus in its eyes, straight ahead towards it goal,
    The push back of the water, the splashing and settling …

Seriously, what a beautiful capture of such lovely movement πŸ™‚ #CommentLuv
    Adventures of a Novice Mum recently posted..Silent Sunday 28My Profile

6. October 11, 2015 / 5:51 pm

Fantastic action photos! Love the detail in the first one, such a sharp shot. Perfect capture!

7. October 11, 2015 / 5:45 pm

These are fabulous pictures. The motion makes all the difference.

8. October 11, 2015 / 8:41 am

The second shot makes the gull look especially gracefully, although I think they are both fantastic. I love the water droplets. #MySundayPhoto
    Tara recently posted..My Sunday Photo – week 42.My Profile

9. October 11, 2015 / 8:28 am

Great pictures, the detail in black and white is wonderful. I just love seagulls, they look great in pictures as there are so many shapes and colours to their feathers and body #bwphotoproject
    The Mummy Diary recently posted..Black & White Photography Project Week 66My Profile

10. Leslie
    October 11, 2015 / 4:17 am

What a great shot! I’m loving both the black and white. Seagulls are funny birds and around here they love French fris.
    Leslie recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile

11. October 11, 2015 / 12:15 am

Fab captures Victoria – great having the contrasts too.
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted..SanctuaryMy Profile

12. October 11, 2015 / 12:10 am

Fantastic photo’s. Your patience certainly paid off capturing these two.
    Love both the black and white and the original. They also look great being so large.
    Have a great weekend ;D

13. October 11, 2015 / 12:06 am

Fantastic shots, Vicky! Great action captures and the splashes of water really add a sense of dynamism to the photos. πŸ™‚
    Tim recently posted..My Sunday Photo: Run, Isaac, run!My Profile

14. October 11, 2015 / 12:05 am

Oh wow, what fabulous shots – love the way you’ve managed to capture the seagull taking off from the water, and I love the black and white one.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile