Following on from last week’s Free-From Chocolate Walnut Brownies, I though I would share another free-from recipe with you.
These were a BIG hit with me and my family and I have to say that once you have had one, you want another. Much lighter than your usual everyday stodgy doughnut, there a much healthier alternative being free from sugar and gluten and are paleo-friendly, oh, and around 135 calories each.
- 1 1/4 cups of ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 squares of Cavalier Dark Chocolate with no added sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk
- Pour equally into large silicone cup cake moulds
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C or gas mark 7
- Leave to cool
- Place chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave for about a minute
- Spread over the tops of the cakes and place in the fridge to set