Bold. A Photography and Poetry Prompt.

Bold. A Photography and Poetry Prompt.

For a number of reasons I find that this week’s prompt word ‘bold’ extremely appropriate.

Bold has two meanings –

• (of a person, action, or idea) showing a willingness to take risks; confident and courageous.
    “a bold attempt to solve the crisis”
  • (of a colour, design, or shape) having a strong, vivid, or clear appearance.
    “a coat with bold polka dots”

Due to personal reasons I have found myself having to be the former in dealing with various issues that have arisen this week. This has caused me to be a bit quieter on the blogging front than I normally am. I have to say that I find it really strange when people from my past – who don’t actually know me anymore – assume that I am acting in a certain way and letting them wind me up or upset me when I have (believe it or not!) moved on and got a life. Although, they don’t appear to have done!

My photo this week looks at the second meaning. Last week, my mum and I visited a lovely restaurant and tea shop in Woking called ‘Bills’. We sat at a table in the window and I turned around and saw this. I absolutely love the big bold colours and beautiful chairs. The purple and red look great together.

FullSizeRender

Bold

Confident courageous and valiant as can be
You can try your best to break me but I won’t let it be

I’m stronger now than ever, you have no idea
You can try to intimidate me but I don’t feel that fear

I now have my own life, I’ve moved up and I’ve moved on
You think I care what you think – that feeling has long gone

Why can’t you leave it in the past, this has grown so old
But I will remain undaunted, stand up and be bold

Victoria Welton 3rd June 2015

Prose for Thought

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. Mrs TeePot
    June 11, 2015 / 10:00 am

Strong, words, bold in fact! You are a very strong person, don’t let those people without a life get you down.
    Mrs TeePot recently posted..SmilesMy Profile

2. June 9, 2015 / 1:25 pm

What a fantastic tea room and such lovely colours. Sorry to hear you’ve had so much negativity in your life recently.

3. June 8, 2015 / 8:52 pm

And be bold you shall my dear because you are fabulous!
    What a stunning picture… and pink lemonade. Yummo! Hope you had one for me.
    #proseforthought

4. June 7, 2015 / 6:23 pm

Fab poem Vic, strong words from a strong lady. You tell it like it is and I love that. You are an extremely bold lady. Wishing you all the best with overcoming the recent incident and blast from the past #pocolo

5. Ashley Beolens
    June 6, 2015 / 9:42 pm

Such a lovely poem, and such a strong word, sometimes we all need to be bold, when we’d rather be timid that is for sure πŸ™‚
    Ashley Beolens recently posted..Word of the Week – CowsMy Profile

6. Michelle Reeves (bodfortea)
    June 6, 2015 / 8:01 am

LOVE that photograph – the rich plums are so inviting. And your poem is wonderful – more strength to you honey, hope you get everything sorted out #PoCoLo x

7. June 5, 2015 / 11:20 pm

Lovely poem. You are strong. Your strength lies in your family, in those bonds you share with Grace and Ross. You are so right to be the one keeping her head high. Much better than moaning or crying about it. You go, girl!
    Mel recently posted..Guest Post: 5 Steps to Better Blog ImagesMy Profile

8. June 5, 2015 / 9:51 pm

What a wonderful photo!
    So sorry someone has upset you this week but don’t let them get to you! They are very wise words which could easily be aimed at the pest that is my ex. lol x
    Kim Carberry recently posted..Swimming – #WotWMy Profile

9. June 5, 2015 / 6:28 pm

Wonderful words! Wonderful colours in that photo too; I think there’s a Bills in Cambridge but I’ve never been.

Keep on keeping on bold lady πŸ™‚ xox
    Lisa from Lisa’s Life recently posted..The Prompt in 100 WordsMy Profile

10. Maddy@writingbubble
    June 5, 2015 / 2:10 pm

Great photo – what a wonderful colourful display! And I love the poem too, I think it sums up how strong you are in the face of adversity. Sorry it’s been a tough week but sounds like you are on top of it. Go you. xx
    Maddy@writingbubble recently posted..An interview with Emily OrganMy Profile

11. June 5, 2015 / 1:17 pm

Gorgeous photo, so bold!
    Sometimes we do have to step outside our comfort zone and be bolder than usual, just another sign of growth!

12. June 5, 2015 / 9:33 am

Really wise words Vic. I’m sorry to here there is some negativity about, it’s such a shame but pleased you have moved on from it all x
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted..Bubabloon ReviewMy Profile

13. June 5, 2015 / 8:36 am

Love your photo – makes me just want to go and sit there and relax for a bit. Your poem is such a strong and empowering one – and fits perfectly with your theme of bold. So sorry to hear that you’re having a difficult time but sounds like you are doing a great job of standing your ground and being assertive.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..The Friday Focus 05/06/15My Profile

14. June 5, 2015 / 7:26 am

Just wanted to throw some virtual ((hugs)) your way, you are a super lady and even though I don’t know you personally I can tell you that you are indeed bold and an inspiration to others x
    chantelle hazelden recently posted..Too Many Kids Not Enough TimeMy Profile

15. June 5, 2015 / 7:04 am

What a bold, colourful photo and a bold, empowering poem. Good luck with your endeavours this week and next. Thinking of you x #PoCoLo
    Baby Isabella recently posted..Our week in YorkMy Profile

16. June 4, 2015 / 10:04 pm

Firstly, love the photo, what a fab cafΓ© that must be. And, I want to buy everything πŸ™‚ Secondly, your poem is great, such powerful words. I particularly like ‘I’ve moved up and I’ve moved on’, a really positive message. Hope next week is better for you x Thanks for hosting x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted..Rewind: upside downMy Profile

17. June 4, 2015 / 11:26 am

What a beautiful and bold picture indeed! Love the colors combinations that pop right out of the picture and those chairs look so comfortable! I hope all is well now with your situation from your past. Your words are very empowering and show just how much you’ve stood up to this person/thing that you’ve encountered this week. Thank you for having us on #prose4t! Always such a pleasure to join in πŸ™‚
    Maria recently posted..My Wish List as a ParentMy Profile