Places. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

Places. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

Welcome to my poetry prompt for this week. Appropriately this week it is all about ‘Places’ – something I tend to know quite a lot about what with a travel blog and having moved quite a few times in my life!

We have been in Crewkerne almost two years now and one of my particularly favourite places is the field that holds the Millpond which is around a 2 mile walk from our house. One of things I love about living here is that you don’t have to go far before you happen upon a wide open space, a tractor and a cow or ten!

This week’s photography is of the stream which runs down into the millpond. Grace recently went pond-dipping there with the school.

Following on from my photo is a poem, which has only just come to me this evening.

IMG_3689

Places

Some people use them to get away
Some people enjoy a holiday
Some people need them to have their say
We all have our places

Some people don’t know what they’re for
Some people find them behind a closed door
Some people get locked up by the law
We all have our places

Some people seek and never find
Some people only look behind
Some people look within their mind
We all have our places

I know that mine is here with you
It’s where I will be my whole life through
Because there is no one else who’ll do
I know where my place is

Victoria Welton 22nd April 2015

Prose for Thought

1. April 26, 2015 / 6:51 pm

Lovely words and a beautiful sentiment hon. Really like the new look blog too – very clean and striking xx

• Victoria
      Author
      April 27, 2015 / 11:18 am

Thank you so much – and I am so pleased you are liking the new blog layout x

2. April 23, 2015 / 11:53 am

I love this poem. It’s such a sweet sentiment, filled with love and so much adoration. Places have special meaning to all, but its most memorable because of the people with whom we share them. Thank you for such a beautiful photograph and poem!

• Victoria
      Author
      April 23, 2015 / 1:39 pm

Hi Maria, thank you so much for your lovely comment. I look forward to reading yours this week 🙂 x

3. April 23, 2015 / 9:39 am

Oh, this is so lovely – I just love the last verse. If you ever have the occasion to do so, you should read it out – maybe the perfect opportunity to renew your vows?! It is the perfect fit for a wedding or family event 🙂 #Prose4T

• Victoria
      Author
      April 23, 2015 / 11:09 am

Thanks Yvette – I am so glad you like it. I wrote a poem for my sisters wedding which I used as the reading and this one does remind me of that 🙂 x

4. Penny Pincher (Dawn)
    April 23, 2015 / 1:13 am

Love it; I’ve thought about writing poetry but I think I’d be bad at it lol You’re daughter reminds me of my daughter too and that stream looks like a peaceful place to be xx

• Victoria
      Author
      April 23, 2015 / 11:10 am

Thank you 🙂 I bet you are not bad at poetry at all – you should give it a try. Glad you see the similarities. The stream is one of my favourite places xx