My New Camera

My New Camera

IMG_0053I mentioned in the post I wrote on Saturday evening that, ever since Fashion college, I have had a keen interest in photography and how it works. I have been amazed at the quality of images that you are able to capture from a camera and ever since I attended the Nikon Academy for a SmugMug event this year, I have lusted after a DSLR even more.

Little did I know that on Christmas Day, my lusting would be satisfied when Ross kindly gifted me with a brand new Canon EOS 1200D  (did I tell you I think he is amazing?). This came with a 18-55mm lens together with a 75-300mm lens and the added present of a Canon camera bag. I cried. I was utterly over the moon.

Ever since then I have been practising. This evening we are off to Portland to Ross’ parents for a couple of days where I intend to put my photography through its paces. On top of that I have signed up for a photography course and intend to further my knowledge.

Here are a couple of images I have taken so far.

IMG_0011

IMG_0079

IMG_0115

This next one I took in my Mum’s lounge on Boxing Day evening. I was sitting right across the other side of the room and I was impressed at how close you can get. I could have got even closer but it would have spoiled the image.

IMG_0148

The next two were ones I took when we got home..

IMG_0152

IMG_0155

But the last one. Well this has to be the best photo I have ever taken.So far that is! It is of our cat, Gypsy. I still can’t quite believe that it was me who took it.

IMG_0156

You Baby Me Mummy
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2014-2017 Victoria Welton

1. January 26, 2015 / 8:56 pm

Fantastic photos – I am so impressed (by them and the thoughtful gift). Really look forward to seeing more of them. I love taking pics myself, but don’t have anything as good as this. I wonder if I should invest…..

2. Em @ snowingindoors
    January 3, 2015 / 8:46 pm

I love the photo of the ornament on your tree, great framing and colours, also Gypsy is a gorgeous cat!

Thanks for linking up with Point + Shoot xx
    Em @ snowingindoors recently posted..My Favourite Photography Blogs #1My Profile

3. January 2, 2015 / 10:56 am

I didnt receive any gifts this year so I have envy! An awesome cams! Ross is like the bestest gifter! The last photo is my fave as well =) #PointShoot
    Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk) recently posted..Last Days of 2014My Profile

4. January 1, 2015 / 6:07 pm

What an awesome present Vicky, you must have been over the moon to receive this! I was almost beside myself when I got a new lens last year. Wonderful photos too and it sounds like you’re enjoying it too which is the main thing. Thank you for sharing and linking up #whatsthestory.

Happy New Year!
    Charly Dove recently posted..Project 365: Week #52My Profile

5. December 30, 2014 / 3:42 pm

I think you are aesthetic type. The photo contrast is very nice.

6. December 30, 2014 / 8:55 am

Gorgeous photo of your car, love the light one too! Such a fantastic present, you lucky lady x
    Lisa H recently posted..Christmas 2014My Profile

7. December 30, 2014 / 2:35 am

What a fabulous present! I keep meaning to get to grips with our DLSR, but I always end up using my phone as it’s always with me πŸ™‚ I said I would at the start of last year, maybe this year I really should! The photo of your cat is fabulous. The focus on her eyes is wonderful xx #whatsthestory
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..Our ChristmasMy Profile

8. December 29, 2014 / 10:56 pm

Oh how lovely, what an amazing Christmas present and great photos! Love that last photo of your cat – beautiful shot. Hope you have lots of fun playing with your new camera and getting used to all the different settings πŸ™‚
    Louise recently posted..A family ChristmasMy Profile

9. December 29, 2014 / 5:43 pm

I am so glad you got such an amazing present. I imagine you will have lots of fun playing with your new toy. Lots of love x #WhatsTheStory
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted..Baby’s Top Moments of 2014My Profile

10. December 29, 2014 / 3:53 pm

Having a new camera is so exciting. I bought a compact system camera at the end of November, and although I still need to get a decent zoom lens, I love it so much. I’ve also signed up for a photography course (online…actually I seem to have signed up for 2 because they were such bargains, but hope to find a local one to go along to when the weather’s better for evening courses.

Love the photo of your cat. Really beautiful getting the eyes and having the cat so straight on
    Emma T recently posted..Living Arrows 52My Profile

• December 29, 2014 / 4:02 pm

Thank you so much Emma πŸ™‚ I wonder if we have chosen the same course? Mine is with the Shaw Academy. I think they do some local to me too. I know! I was so thrilled to have got one so easily – I think it was the second time I tried with her x
      Victoria recently posted..The Best Photo I Have Ever Taken.My Profile