At the moment Inntravel are running a campaign #DreamingofSnow, asking bloggers to share their snow memories and I thought I would share mine with you. I could probably count on both hands the memories I have of snow. All of which are really magical.
There are a number of recollections from when I was a child. Here is a photo of one them showing me, my brothers Oliver and Jeremy and my sisters Harriette and Davina:
There was Grace’s first snow back when we lived with my Mum:
Then there is the first one that we experienced with Ross. I can remember turning round and bringing Grace home from school, fearful for the fact that I wouldn’t get her back. Then Ross and Grace decided to go outside for a snowball fight.That was interesting!
But I think that the one that stands out in my mind the most was when it was just me and Grace living in our little flat in a village in Berkshire. It snowed so badly that it felt like we were cut off for days! The village shop ran out of milk and bread and Grace and I lived on soup and hot chocolate. We made snowmen and snow dogs and, together with our neighbour, Roxy, we cleared the garages and drive into our flats (we were a bit miffed that the landlord didn’t even bother – he was OK, he had a Landrover!). But it was wonderful. Grace and I felt like we had our own little world where we could snuggle up and get warm.
With the threat of snow hanging over us at this time of the year, it is important to ensure that you wrap up warm. Go Outdoors have a fabulous array of clothing and equipment to keep you safe and warm during your outdoor pursuits.
I have a lovely opportunity for one lucky winner to receive a £50 voucher for Go Outdoors. All you need to do is share your snow memories with me in the comments below by following the instructions on the Gleam widget.
- There is 1 prize of a £50 voucher for Go Outdoors – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Winners details will be passed to Inntravel who will send the prize direct.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoters (Verily Victoria Vocalises and Inntravel).
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 4th January 2015
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and commenting with their snow memory in the comment section of this post as a mandatory entry. Optional entry methods are on the Gleam widget.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Inntravel are responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between Inntravel and Verily Victoria Vocalises.
- Entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.