My Quest for Health and Fitness – the third week.

My Quest for Health and Fitness – the third week.

I have to say that this last week hasn’t been quite so easy as the first 2. My health and fitness is definitely improving but I had a couple of ‘off days’ last week as far as my steps go on the Fitbug. I’ve stuck to my diet on the whole though and apart from some dark chocolate and two gin and elderflower cordials(!) on Saturday, I have walked the straight and narrow (even suffering the wrath of Grace and Ross eating fish and chips next to me on Saturday lunch time whilst I stuck to my soup!).

My Diet Chef meals have all been as gorgeous as ever this past week. I couldn’t really tell you my absolute favourite – although I am very partial to the Tuna Rigatoni and I loved the lasagne.

IMG_6620

My steps on the Fitbug waned on both Thursday and Saturday last week. Thursday because it was so ruddy freezing and wet outside when it came time to go and collect Grace that I just had to take the car (my shoulder is worse in this type of weather too!). Saturday was a day in with Grace BUT in the evening I finally discovered the Wii Fit when Ross, Grace and I started to take it in turns. Then I discovered yesterday that it has jogging on it which means I can do my steps WITHOUT going out in the cold, wet weather (no excuse now then, eh?!).  We also walked to town together yesterday and then we stopped off at the park, where I ran around the football field, then walked around it.

So, here are the results of my Fitbug exercises this week:

Fitbug after week 3

The Fitbug Orb target for me this week is:

11,700 steps per day

I’ll do my best to meet that one!

So, how much weight have I lost this week?

A loss of 0.8lbs

For a more comprehensive view, this means as follows:

• Weight on 3rd March 2014:       179.0lbs
  • Weight on 24th March 2014:     172.6lbs
  • Goal = A loss of 10lbs in 4 weeks
  • 3.6lbs to go to hit the target

I’m going to have to work my socks off if I am going to meet that target. Come back next week to see if I can make it!

Don’t forget, if you would like to win a Fitbug Orb then I have a competition running until 10am on 31st March 2014. You can go across to the competition here.

With thanks to the wonderful people at Diet Chef and Fitbug Orb for providing me with this opportunity.

I am so excited to have made this years finals of the MAD Blog Awards in ‘Most Innovative’ once again and would love the chance to win my category this year. If you would like to support me then please go to http://www.the-mads.com/vote/ and choose ‘Vevivos’ in the drop down menu. Also, if you would be kind enough to vote for me in the BiBs, my chosen categories are on my side bar to the right, near the top. Just click on those to take you across. Thank you so much for your valued support 🙂 x

Wobbles Wednesday

photo GetFitMummyButton_zpsb1142039.jpg

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2014-2016 Victoria Welton

1. April 7, 2014 / 2:30 pm

Well done, looks like you are making great progress. I have started using my FitBug again, you have inspired me! :)Thanks for linking up!

2. April 1, 2014 / 10:20 pm

Well done on the loss and the steps, you’ve done really well in three weeks. Thanks for linking up x

• April 1, 2014 / 10:47 pm

Thank you – and thanks for hosting 🙂 x

3. March 29, 2014 / 3:10 pm

You’re doing so well!
    Every week I’m super jealous of your step totals I imagine this is doing wonders for your weightloss!
    Alice Megan recently posted..Look in my letterbox #5My Profile

• March 27, 2014 / 11:13 am

Totally! I LOVED the chicken curry last night too 🙂 Thanks honey – I am really enjoying myself too, which helps! Good luck with yours xx

4. Graham
    March 27, 2014 / 7:55 am

While it is great to have a target to aim for, sometimes it is better to take stock of what has been achieved rather than ‘work my socks off’ to reach a target. 6.4lbs loss in 3 weeks is AMAZING, and you should recognise the hard work that will have gone into achieving that already. Yes it would be nice to get to 10lbs in 4 weeks, but if that became 10lbs in 5 weeks or even a little bit longer, it would be nonetheless superb.

Good luck for the week again – just don’t push yourself too hard to shift the scales.

• March 27, 2014 / 10:04 am

Thank you so much for stopping by to comment Graham. You are SO right. I am not going to beat myself up if I don’t make my target but I am going to make every effort to get there! I shall probably continue with these posts as I think it is a good motivator. All the best with your week too 🙂
      Victoria recently posted..Prose for Thought – A Poem for Mothers Day.My Profile

5. Pingback: My Quest for Health and Fitness – the third week. » Verily Victoria … | Test Blogs on Mande Pub
  6. March 25, 2014 / 3:37 am

Keep with it, you’re doing really well and I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous week this week. I need to sort myself out, a maintain this week after piling almost a stone back on since Christmas x
    Mummy Whiskers recently posted..Sunday Photo 23 March 2014My Profile

7. March 24, 2014 / 7:10 pm

Well done you are doing a great job – I’ve got got my motivation back for running but haven’t got as far as meal planning yet.
    Mummy to boyz recently posted..Running againMy Profile

• March 24, 2014 / 11:23 pm

Thank you lovely 🙂 I am really trying to be on the case to lose that extra weight this week! x