One of the first things I have always looked at first – and taken the most notice of – when house-hunting is the state of the bathroom. It’s cleanliness , it’s size and all the attachments and gadgets therein!
We first visited the house we are now in last May and when I saw the family-sized bathroom in our house I was suitably impressed.
- It was blue.A great start as far as I am concerned as this is my favourite bathroom colour. We were also able to continue with our ‘seaside’ theme which I love, mainly down to the mirror that Ross’ Dad made and gave to us for Christmas 2012.
- It has plenty of storage space. This is under the sink and is some of the best use of space I have seen as far as a bathroom goes.
- It has a beautifully tiled floor (with spare tiles in the garage just in case)
- It is easy to clean
- It has a jaccuzzi bath (yay!)
Now admittedly, the jaccuzzi bath is not actually fully functional because a few of the jets aren’t working (if anyone knows someone in the Somerset who can fix these then please let me know!!) and there a few things that it could do with to make it the perfect bathroom. These are:
- Power Shower. The shower we currently have is, I’m afraid to say, rather pathetic. According to our plumber, the person who laid the pipes in this house hasn’t carried it out very sensibly and, as a result, we don’t have very good water pressure.
- Heated towel rail. This would be perfect for getting out of the bath and wrapping yourself in a warm fluffy towel.
- Decent shower screen. Nothing I hate more than a soaking wet floor!
And…the ultimate luxury for me would be…number 4…
A gorgeous, free-standing bath. The only problem is, if I had one of these, I would probably spend most of the day there!
Disclosure: This is a post in collaboration with Homebase.