Very recently the lovely people at Bespoke Offers came to me and offered me the chance to review one of their amazing offers – and boy was there a lot to choose from! For example, at the moment they have 20% off Best Western Stays, a Tiffany-inspired sterling silver bracelet for just £13.99 instead of £69.99 and you can save 54% on a butcher’s steak selection now priced at £29.
Despite the fact that we are now well into Autumn, we choice the BBQ meat selection from Highland Foods. All meat is organic and includes the following:-
• 4 × 4oz sirloin steaks
• 4 x pork steaks
• 4 × 4oz lamb steaks
• 4 x lamb chops
• 4 × 4oz beef burgers
• 1 x rack marinated pork ribs
• 10 x chicken wings
• 6 x chicken drumsticks
• 2lb beef sausages
• 3 x kofta kebabs
• 4 x Kobe wagyu burgers
Unfortunately the weather here in Somerset hasn’t been up to much but that didn’t stop us emulating a BBQ style meal inside. I marinaded the chicken wings in my own barbecue sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tsp muscovado sugar
- 300ml/10fl oz water
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the onion and garlic. Gently saute stirring frequently for 3 minutes or until beginning to soften. Remove from the heat
- Blend the tomato puree with the mustard, vinegar and worcestershire sauce to a paste and then stir into the onion mixture with 2 teaspoons of the sugar. Mix well, then gradually stir in the water.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Taste and add the remaining sugar, if wanted.
- Leave to cool. Put the chicken in a dish and pour over the barbecue sauce to ensure it is well-covered.
I left the chicken over night in the fridge to marinade and then baked it in the oven the following evening. We had this with chips. Our very own indoor BBQ!
I also made Basil and Lemon chicken using the drumsticks. The recipe is as follows:
- 6 Free Range Chicken Pieces
- Olive Oil
- 2 Juicy Cloves of Garlic
- a lemon
- a large handful of basil(about 30 leaves)
- a wine glass of white wine
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6
- Season the chicken and put the pieces in a roasting tin. Pour over enough olive oil to moisten them and make a shallow pool in the tin.
- Squash the garlic in its skin and tuck it in with the chicken. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and drop the empty lemon shells in too.
- Roast for 30 minutes in the oven, then tear up the basil leaves and toss them about into the chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, pour the wine over the chicken, then put the roasting tin over a hot flame and let the wine bubble for a minute.
- Serve with roast potatoes and vegetables or a green salad.
We have also eaten the cumberland sausages made into a Tuscan Sausage casserole. I am looking forward to cooking with more of the meat and hopefully giving you so more mouth-watering recipes.
Disclosure: I was given the BBQ meat selection worth £49 in return for this review. All opinions and words are my own and have not been influenced in any way.