A couple of weeks back I got sent this little beauty….
one of the most ingenious pieces of equipment I believe I shall ever own. At the time I was still in the process of sorting the house, unpacking and shifting boxes and the like so, to be very honest, I didn’t put it to great use – although I did walk Grace to school in the morning, then back (up the very steep hill which is down on the way!!) and then walked back to collect her and then up the hill. The steps walked went right into the pink!!
Fitbug – in case you hadn’t heard – is a wireless Fitness activity tracker and online wellbeing coach. Fitbug helps you to make realistic changes to your every day activities in order to increase your health and fitness. Yes, I hear you – you are asking me what makes this device different from all the others out there? Well, the online coach creates weekly personalised targets geared specifically to you and what you have achieved the previous week as well as sending you updates by text and email to let you know how you are getting on and whether you are on target.
In brief, the Fitbug Air:
- tracks calories burned, steps taken and aerobic steps (over 100 per minute) so users can get the most health benefits from their running or walking.
- uses Bluetooth Ready technology to sync to your phone in real time so you can actually see the steps you are taking on your screen through the app and ensure you are keeping to an aerobic pace, which makes it ideal for runners.
- has an option to be synced to your computer if you do not have a compatible smart phone.
- creates personalised achievable weekly activity targets and on-going nutritional advice
- real time syncing allows immediate encouragement from Fitbug via text and/or email. You can elect how and when you want to receive these.
- has an online member’s area with games, recipes and exercise plans and allows users to log their food and additional exercise to ensure they are meeting their personal health goals.
The Fitbug Air is available from www.fitbug.com. It can be purchased at £49.99 with a full year’s subscription or at £24.99 with £2.99 monthly subscription.
So, with the house unpacked, things in their place and a major reason to get healthy and fit (see here for the major reason) then that Fitbug is going to get put to very good use 🙂
I was sent a Fitbug Air for the purposes of this review and would like to say a very big Thank You to them 🙂