About Me

Hi, I am Victoria and I’m a forty-something Mum who has lived a varied and interesting life. Grace is my charismatic ten-year-old daughter who always has something to say for herself! She is learning to play the piano, loves dancing, is an orange belt in Karate, loves nature, rocks and fossils.  My fiance, Ross Williams, is a writer, actor and singer. He had his first book published in May 2013 ‘The Hardcore Truth’, the autobiography of WWE wrestler Bob Holly. He is the lead singer of a band and a Business Consultant.

Ross and I have been trying for a baby for almost four years. In that time, I have miscarried two and following our second round of fertility treatment using an egg donor, our son, Rex, was born in June 2017, thanks to IVF Spain. We documented our journey on my vlog series, ‘The Conception Diaries’.

I love anything creative. I write my own lyrics and poetry, am a keen photographer and enjoy writing this blog.  I used to be a qualified Driving Instructor which had it’s interesting moments! However, I am now a freelancer and work as a Social Media Manager, Copy Writer and Virtual Assistant.

I am the eldest of 7 children so had to grow up pretty fast. I was changing nappies at the age of 9. My mum has been the most important person in my life. She is an inspiration, having survived breast cancer twice.

Our family life is never boring! We love to have lots of fun together. We have Family Movie Nights, go out for day trips and love the theatre and holidays. After living in Surrey most of my life, I now reside in the beautiful countryside of Somerset and we are enjoying exploring what we have in our local area – as an added bonus, we are only 15 minutes from the coast.

I am media and review friendly and very approachable. I am confident and talk….a lot, hence the title of my blog I guess! Please email me at vickywelton@hotmail.com or get in touch via social media – you will find the links in various places on this blog, including at the top and bottom and on the home page in the left-hand sidebar.

I also write a travel blog known as Victoria Visits…

Collage of Us for About Me page

DSC_0017 (2)

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2014-2017 Victoria Welton

1. Pingback: The Sideshow Scene 6
  2. May 19, 2014 / 2:48 pm

Love the pictures, and hats off to you for being a driving instructor, you must be seriously chilled to handle something like that!
    Sophie from Franglaise Mummy & Franglaise Cooking
    Sophie at Franglaise Cooking recently posted..Raspberry & blueberry tartMy Profile

3. May 18, 2014 / 2:20 am

It’s great to find out a bit more about you. What a family! I cannot believe your young daughter has her own blog! x Mel
    Mel recently posted..Silent Sunday – 18 May 2014My Profile

4. May 17, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Nice ‘About’ page Vicky – and great photos of you all. Nice to get to know a little more about you and everyone else who links up too! X

5. May 16, 2014 / 10:41 am

So lovely to get to know you and your family better. My hubby would love your partner, he’s a huge WWE fan x

6. JuggleMum Nadine Hill
    May 16, 2014 / 7:07 am

Lovely family shot there at the end!
    Good getting to know you a bit better!
    x

7. May 16, 2014 / 6:41 am

Great page Victoria, lots of exciting things happening πŸ™‚

My 3 son and hubby are WWE crazy!!! not a day goes by without something new or old on our tv to do with wrestling, that is why I get spare time blogging haha πŸ™‚
    Claire recently posted..Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop…My Profile

8. March 21, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Have nominated you for Outstanding Contribution over at the MADS! Love what you do for newbie bloggers and your manner is lovely…you make a difference, Victoria. Thank you for being ‘friendly’ in this often daunting world of blogging! πŸ™‚ x
    Kanchan recently posted..The Bluewater Baby and Toddler Show ~ Kent!My Profile

9. June 8, 2013 / 6:50 pm

Hi Victoria, I love your blog, especially its honesty and variety, and I thank you for your encouragement and assistance via Twitter with starting my own blog! I am learning how to spread the word, so will place a plug here!

I am a relationship counsellor, Army wife, mother of 2 young children, writer of articles on relationships, and the author of ‘Stay Calm and Content No Matter What Life Throws At You” which is getting amazing reviews on Amazon http://bit.ly/staycalmcontent1. I have started my “Ask Cat…” blog which posts about and answers relationship dilemmas, please find it here and spread the word!

Thanks a million, Cat xx

10. Izzie Anderton
    April 2, 2013 / 10:34 am

Thanks for the introduction to your lovely family.
    I have huge respect for driving instructors as my twin daughters both learnt to drive last year.
    You must have the patience of a saint!

11. March 22, 2013 / 8:24 am

Wow sounds like you lead a very exciting and varied life! I didn’t realise you had only been blogging since September you seem like someone who has been doing it for ages, definitely given me something to aspire to!

Congratulations on your MADS nomination and good luck!
    Mummy of Two recently posted..Review – ZubuBaby romper suitMy Profile

12. March 2, 2013 / 11:45 pm

Hi Victoria lovely to have you as a follower and a fellow Parenting Broadcast Blogger! I am a former Driving instructor ,stopped due long term illness πŸ™ and bless him my youngest is also an actor on Spotlight!! Blimey so much in common. Hope to have fun chatting with you x
    Mum in Meltdown recently posted..Siro-A a show worth seeing!My Profile

• Victoria
      March 3, 2013 / 3:35 pm

Hi Tracy, thank you so much for your comment. What a small world it is, eh?! Looking forward to chatting with you too πŸ™‚ x

13. Ginnie Richards
    February 11, 2013 / 3:44 pm

Hi there,

I hope you are well and are having a good week.

I’m contacting you from Search News Media, a content agency based in Windsor.

We came across your site and we really like it and in fact we work with a number of clients that would be a great match with the content and style of your site. We’re more than happy for you to provide us with a title you think will match your audience or we can send you a few ideas to choose from and either you or we can produce the content.

Happy to discuss ways we can make this all happen and any ideas you may have, and hope we can work together moving forward.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Ginnie Richards

• Victoria
      February 11, 2013 / 9:46 pm

Hi Ginne,
      Thank you for your interest.

I would be really grateful if you would contact me by email to explain a little more about what you are offering, as I am not entirely clear!

My email address is vickywelton@hotmail.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
      Victoria

14. Tiger in Space
    November 7, 2012 / 10:35 am

What a fab website and beautiful pictures too! Following from BritMums…

• Victoria
      November 7, 2012 / 7:42 pm

Thank you so much, really glad you like it πŸ™‚ x

15. November 4, 2012 / 4:11 pm

Oh, how I wish I’d know you when I started learning the skill of driving… I bet it would have been SO much more fun!
    /Camilla

• Victoria
      November 5, 2012 / 12:05 am

Thanks Camilla! I have to say that I always have fun on all my lessons. Always leave them laughing! πŸ™‚