A Visit to Mrs Meldrums Tea Rooms

A couple of weeks ago, on Bank Holiday, we visited Mrs Meldrums Tea Rooms – one of the most beautiful tea rooms I think I have ever been to. The weather was warm and sunny so we were lucky enough to sit out in their picturesque gardens. The trees were all an unusual shape and every single one of them had a different type of bird feeder. It was right next to the Valley of the Rocks and, as a result, you could tell that the area was a very big attraction for the wild life of the area – mainly the birds. Whilst we were sitting there we saw some chaffinches, a robin and a beautiful greenfinch – a bird I don’t believe I have seen in the wild before.

If you are on Instagram, then I would love you to join my linky, InstaLinkLove. It is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife

BritMums BritMums

1. May 20, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Oh wow. The 2 flying birds look amazing! Brilliant photos

Sorry for the late comment. Hope to see you tomorrow #mysundayphoto
    Martyn Kitney recently posted..James turns 6!My Profile

2. May 16, 2017 / 7:54 am

what a beautiful spot for a tearoom but I have to wonder do you not get droppings on you from above sat in the shade of the tree? When I see pictures like yours I realise what a proper camera can do and wonder about the merits of one. #mysundayphoto

3. May 14, 2017 / 10:10 pm

Wow. You must be very patient. Wonderful photos. We used to have lots of greenfinches visiting our garden, but their numbers have been knocked back a disease. Only one in recent years. #MySundayPhoto
    Cheryl | TimeToCraft recently posted..Sunday Photo: After the rainMy Profile

4. May 14, 2017 / 6:42 pm

Your bird photos are stunning! How lovely to be able to go for a cup of tea and capture shots like these! Do you mind me asking what camera you used for these? I’m saving up for a new camera, and collecting ideas!

5. May 14, 2017 / 4:27 pm

Ooh I do love a good tea room and this place looks beautiful. And that bird!!! Wow, love how you caught the second one. Amazing photo!

6. May 14, 2017 / 10:40 am

What fabulous action shots of the birds, so sharp. My little phone camera would never get shots like that. #mysundayphoto

7. May 14, 2017 / 6:00 am

Hi Victoria, lovely photos! I do love the one of the robin landing. Mrs Meldrums Tea Rooms does sound like a lovely place to sit and spend a couple of hours bird watching with a camera in hand.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..So You Think You Can Stare Me Out?My Profile

8. May 14, 2017 / 12:31 am

Wow! You captured some wonderful pictures of the birds!
    Particularly love the one of the bird going to the feeder!