One of the things I have been struck by during my pregnancy are the amount of beautiful clothes that there are available. I believe that clothing, especially for boys, has really improved and I am constantly impressed by the items that I am seeing.
One of the companies which has had a particular impact on me is Chamomile Baby. They made my top ten list when I attended the Baby Show recently and, even though I didn’t interact with them whilst I was there, the clothing from their stand was one of the things which stuck in my mind.
Sian, who runs the company, sought a challenge after 10 years in the clothing industry and wanted to produce clothing geared towards babies without it becoming too ‘adult’. She wanted babies to be babies – and I am completely with her on this. She left a secure, full-time job to turn her dream into reality. To create beautiful baby wear, decorated with gorgeous, delicate embroidery.
On top of this, she made sure that the best quality cotton was used from sustainable sources and to make sure that every single item has had the attention to detail that it deserves. I have to say that I believe that Sian has totally succeeded with this.
Upon receiving the clothes which she sent me, the first thing I noticed was how beautifully wrapped they were with attention to detail including stickers and bows. Opening them up, straight away I felt how just how soft the material was and can imagine that they would be so comfortable for any little one.
Embroidered Giraffe Bodysuit
The first item is an embroidered giraffe white bodysuit which has a popper fastening underneath and an envelope neckline making it easier to take off for any accidents down below! It also has printed, co-ordinating sleeves.
Woodland Animals Bodysuit
This bodysuit is totally gorgeous with a woodland theme depicting a fox and a hedgehog. It is made from super soft 100% cotton and available with either long or short sleeves.
Beige Stripy Trousers
To compliment the woodland body suit, I received some beautiful beige stripy trousers. They have an elasticated waist and will get plenty of wear, not just because they feel so comfortable but because the colour is versatile and will match a number of other items.
The Chamomile Baby Ethics:
- Their entire baby clothing range has the highest standard of safety you can achieve. This means it has Class 1 Oeko-tex® certification (www.oeko-tex.com) and this guarantees that it is tested and is certified free of harmful dyes, chemicals and pesticides.
- The Chamomile Baby organic range is produced to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®), which guarantees the organic status of textiles as well as auditing ethical standards, working conditions and environmental implications.
- The cotton is mainly sourced from a family-owned mill in Tanzania, East Africa. Here, working conditions are safe, healthy and fair and international labour standards are exceeded. Workers also enjoy good fringe benefits including free transportation, subsidised meals, free housing or housing allowance, on-site first-aid clinic and free standard medication.
- A majority of their clothing is made in Great Britain and they are looking to extend this to all of their range.
- Their baby shoes are handmade in Britain from very soft high quality leather produced in traditional Italian tanneries. The leather which is used contains no harmful chemicals or dyes and conforms to European safety and product standards.
Not only do I love their clothes but I love what they stand for. I can safely say that all of these items of clothing will get plenty of use when our little one arrives.
Disclosure: Thank you to Chamomile Baby for sending me these items in return for a review. Please note that all words, images and opinions have been formed by the owner of this blog and have not been influenced in any way. Please do not reproduce any of the content or images on this post without prior agreement from Verily Victoria Vocalises.