Reflections of Spring

On Thursday afternoon the weather was so beautiful that I left my desk and went for a walk with my camera. I was looking around for inspiration when I came across a puddle with daffodils next to it so I decided to see what I could do to photograph the flowers a bit differently. The original puddle is in the photograph below. The top image is my favourite. The wind was blowing which caused ripples across the puddle, playing havoc with my focus but converting the image in a great effect which looks like a painting. The photo below the original puddle was much clearer as I managed to focus on the puddle without the wind blowing and, finally, a photo of two of the daffodils which isn’t puddle-related!

If you are on Instagram, then I would love you to join my linky, InstaLinkLove. It is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2017 Victoria Welton

1. March 12, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Great shots although I couldn’t quite work out what I was looking at at first! Lovely to see all these flashes of colour coming through now.

2. March 12, 2017 / 3:43 pm

The first photo is great even though I like them all.

3. March 12, 2017 / 3:00 pm

I love that top one. It’s amazing how many different views you can see from just one set of flowers

4. March 12, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Wow that is really cool, I love the reflection on the water, and hoorah for spring x

5. March 12, 2017 / 7:47 am

I have to admit I was intrigued when i saw your first photo, lovely photos of spring, #MySundayPhoto

6. March 12, 2017 / 7:41 am

So pretty. Love the way the change in focus and the wind changed the effect – the first one does look like a painting. I love the clear reflections in the third one.

7. March 12, 2017 / 7:26 am

Wow, those reflections are amazing! I often try to capture reflections in puddles, but they usually turn out a bit rubbish to say the least!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted..Silent Sunday 12.3.17My Profile

8. March 12, 2017 / 7:03 am

Hi Victoria, the top image is my favorite too, it’s a very clever photo. Even before I read your post I thought it looked like daffodils being buffeted by a visible wind. I don’t blame you for leaving your desk, it looks lie a glorious spring day.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..An Orchid With CharacterMy Profile

9. March 12, 2017 / 5:55 am

Love what you’ve done here. So creative. Must try and get somem ore reflection shots. I have been trying recently but with little success sadly. #MySundayPhoto
    John Adams recently posted..A riverside scene in early springMy Profile

10. March 12, 2017 / 12:29 am

Brilliant puddle reflections Victoria… a great idea and a beautiful effect. Have a great Sunday

11. March 12, 2017 / 12:20 am

Ooh, I love the idea of taking the photo using the puddle. A great creative variation on a common spring-time shot.

12. March 12, 2017 / 12:03 am

Love the reflections on the puddle! Great shot! My mummy hasn’t really been outside much in March to enjoy the daffodils and the sunshine 🙁 #MySundayPhoto x
    Baby Isabella recently posted..Silent Sunday 12.03.17My Profile