Ross in the Gardens at Cricket St Thomas

On Friday, Ross and I ventured a 10 minute drive up the road towards Chard to have afternoon tea at Cricket St Thomas, the house that was featured in the series ‘To the Manor Born’ (Google it kids!) and was also once home to Mr Blobby. Afterwards we went for a walk in their gardens where, not only was there a lot of wildlife to be seen but many different interesting features. These included the doughnut ring which features in the top photo. In this you can see a reflection of Ross – being my pack horse, bless him – and the Manor house in the top left hand corner. Through the middle is the view down to the river and I have turned the silver ring to black and white to help add to the effect.

The photo below is of a wishing pool covered by a stone cove set in a beautiful smaller feature called the grotto garden and, in the bottom photo, a large, wooden throne sculpted from a tree trunk modelled by Ross!  I would have loved to have taken Grace there but the hotel is adults only.  I did take photos of the wildlife – but just thought I would go with something different this week!

If you are on Instagram, then I would love you to join my linky, InstaLinkLove. It is open until Sunday evening at 9.30pm (probably one of the easiest linkys out there!).

Photalife
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2017 Victoria Welton

1. February 20, 2017 / 8:12 am

Love the way these photos are framed! Great perspective Vic! #MySundayPhoto

2. February 19, 2017 / 8:34 pm

That first picture is especially clever! Love the juxtaposition of black and white and the beautiful green circle! πŸ™‚

3. February 19, 2017 / 5:58 am

What a handsome king siting on his throne! Great reflection in the 2nd shot and fun framing in the first!

4. February 19, 2017 / 5:41 am

Hi Victoria, lovely photos as ever. I like the top photo, it’s different, but if Ross is going to be your packhorse, you want to pack him up properly. He’s looking more like a Brighton donkey than a sturdy shire horse. I’m sure if he put the bag on his back he could carry more…, And there is also decent sized bum bags around. He could think of it as Daddy training.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..The Only Way Was UpMy Profile

5. February 19, 2017 / 12:18 am

Ah, To The Manor Born – I remember it well!

Ross is looking very stern on that throne, though. Was he channelling his inner Game of Thrones?

6. February 19, 2017 / 12:08 am

Love these three shots. The first one is my favourite – the effect of the reflection in black and white and the coloured view through the ring is just stunning.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..My Sunday Photo 19/02/17My Profile