Sitting Pretty #MySundayPhoto

Sitting Pretty
When only a preen will do!
Missed a bit!
Oi, where do you think you're going?!

One of the things that I love about my home office is that it is at the back of our house overlooking our garden and the hills beyond. There are some trees close by and the starlings regularly congregate there. During one of my breaks last week I picked up my camera and captured quite a bit of the action.

Joining in with My Sunday Photo at Photalife

OneDad3Girls
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016-2017 Victoria Welton

1. April 23, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Oh, these are lovely! The colours are beautiful, especially the feathers in the first photo x

2. April 22, 2016 / 8:37 am

I am a bird watcher from way back so these photos are just great to me. Such pretty birds.

3. April 19, 2016 / 3:26 pm

Starlings get such a bad press but I think they’re beautiful and you’ve proved I’m right! πŸ™‚ xox

4. April 19, 2016 / 1:58 pm

I am so jealous of bird ahots! I alkways want capture birds but they are just too elusive for me. These are awesome photos as you have captured their grace =) #mysundayphoto

5. April 18, 2016 / 3:06 pm

These are so beautiful. I love how you’ve captured every detail and colours. xx

6. April 18, 2016 / 6:58 am

Stunning pictures. They belong in a wildlife book πŸ™‚

7. April 17, 2016 / 9:16 pm

These are such beautiful pictures. I love the light shining on the bird’s feathers.

8. April 17, 2016 / 8:15 pm

Such beautiful photos! I love nature on the doorstep. We have it all in Bath, especially naughty finches tapping at my windows!

Laura x x x

9. April 17, 2016 / 6:57 pm

How wonderful you have the opportunity Victoria. The colours you’ve captured are stunning (love the one of the starling coming in to land).

The only time I see starlings is at Hengistbury Head outside the cafe where they perch on the tables helping themselves to crumbs.

10. April 17, 2016 / 6:14 pm

Ooh that is just beautiful, I love the soft colours, I have a great view from my desk too and I just love it x

11. April 17, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Some great shots here vic, so we’ll captured. Well done!

12. April 17, 2016 / 8:22 am

I love the first photo, the colours in it’s feathers are beautiful

13. April 17, 2016 / 8:02 am

I love that final photo with one starling flying past and the other watching it. Beautiful photos – so detailed and I never realised just how beautiful a starling’s colouring was before.

14. April 17, 2016 / 7:40 am

Well captured, really beautiful pictures! I remember when starlings were so common, but you don’t see them quite as much nowadays do you? E

15. April 17, 2016 / 7:29 am

Fantastic photos! I particularly love the way you’ve captured all the colour on the starling’s breast.
    I’m very jealous of your location. My home office is upstairs at the front of my house with the world’s smallest window. My magnolia tree is right outside it and it blocks the view of anything else!

16. April 17, 2016 / 6:54 am

Such gorgeous pictures, I love them!

17. April 17, 2016 / 6:19 am

Hi Victoria, stunning photos of a Starling! Love the first one where the oily colours in it’s plumage are obvious. If I had an office with a view I’d never get anything done!

xx
    Debbie recently posted..A Quiet Walk With The Dog On The BeachMy Profile

18. April 17, 2016 / 6:11 am

Stunning! Love this selection of images lot. Your photography is always worth a look Victoria. #MySundayPhoto

19. April 17, 2016 / 12:38 am

I’m sure your photos get more and more stunning each week the colours and detail here are amazing

20. April 17, 2016 / 12:09 am

How lucky to have so much nature just behind your office door. I do love the capture of the bird and how beautiful is its colouring, transcendent almost.
    Beautiful