A Good Friday Visit to Ferne Animal Sanctuary

On Friday, as Ross went off to rehearse with his band, Grace and I decided to get out of the house and make the most of the weather. We drove through beautiful countryside to get to the lovely open space of Ferne Animal Sanctuary near Chard in Somerset.

Fish pond (1 of 1)
Butting goats (1 of 1)
Pig face (1 of 1)

Grace, armed with a pencil and map, and me, armed with my DSLR, spent a lovely couple of hours trekking round the sanctuary following the clues to form a final word to take to the craft room in order to collect Grace’s chocolate prize.

Easter Eggs (1 of 1)
Goose Making a Splash (1 of 1)
Black Pig (1 of 1)
Rabbit tongue (1 of 1)

On the way round there were plenty of colourful sights and many of the animals  were basking in the warm spring sunshine.

Tandem Geese (1 of 1)
Horse (1 of 1)
Home to Roost (1 of 1)

We stopped to share a cream tea and saw a swallows nest under the eaves of the roof of the tea shop. We were also joined by a cheeky chicken cleaning up the crumbs under our feet.

Inquisitive Chicken (1 of 1)
Grace has more fun (1 of 1)
Grace has fun (1 of 1)
Diagonal Ducks (1 of 1)
Cow (1 of 1)
Chaffinch (1 of 1)
Cockerel (1 of 1)
Chicken run (1 of 1)
Buttercup hands (1 of 1)
Bottoms Up (1 of 1)
You Baby Me Mummy ANIMALTALES
Awards wording
Tots 100 Awards
BritMums BritMums BritMums
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Victoria Welton

1. April 3, 2016 / 7:42 am

This looks like a wonderful day, and what great pictures you captured. Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

2. Elena
    April 1, 2016 / 9:04 am

It looks like you had a great day. Your pictures are just stunning, I love the last one, with the water splashing
    #pointshoot

3. March 30, 2016 / 1:01 pm

What beautiful photos from a lovely looking farm (and I get to see Mr Fluffy Foot Cockerel again!) I am intrigued to know what bird is in the swallow’s nest as it isn’t a swallow – a quick Google search reveals that it might be a female house sparrow! Many thanks for joining in with #AnimalTales and also popping by from #pointshoot
    Rosie @greenrosielife recently posted..Animal Tales 63My Profile

• March 30, 2016 / 11:21 am

Thank you so much Merlinda. He is very cute πŸ™‚
      Victoria recently posted..Spot the BirdMy Profile

4. March 30, 2016 / 5:38 am

fluffy pigs, whatever next, looks like a wonderful place to spend the day with your daughter, i’d however be happy enough visiting on my own

• March 30, 2016 / 11:16 am

I know! We were surprised when we saw them πŸ™‚ I would definitely go back on my own πŸ™‚ x
      Victoria recently posted..Spot the BirdMy Profile

5. March 29, 2016 / 5:21 pm

You’ve taken great action shots. #PointShoot

• March 29, 2016 / 3:09 pm

It is a beautiful place Jenny. We shall definitely go back πŸ™‚
      Victoria recently posted..Spot the BirdMy Profile

6. March 29, 2016 / 1:15 pm

Some georgeous farm photos, you have a great knack of capturing the animals. the piggy one is fab.

• March 29, 2016 / 2:51 pm

Thank you so much Fiona πŸ™‚ They are starting to become my favourite subject matter.
      Victoria recently posted..Spot the BirdMy Profile

7. March 29, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Lovely captures, especially of the two goats head butting each other πŸ™‚ x #animaltales