Grace sees Kyrenia Harbour

One of the hardest things I had to do on our recent trip to Cyprus was leave Grace behind. The fact that we had to go abroad without her was really upsetting and I fretted about it for weeks. When I told her that I would be away for Mother’s Day, which I found even harder, Grace was brilliantly supportive and told me not to worry. It was just for one day and she told me that I was a brilliant mum on all the other days of the year which was what counted. We all agreed that we could have our own Mother’s Day the week before so we went for a lovely meal and Grace gave me her gift. The added bonus was that I came home from Cyprus to another card!

So, if Grace wasn’t able to come to with us, I thought I would bring it Cyprus to her via the magic of combining a photograph of Kyrenia Harbour reflecting on our car, with her looking at it from the passenger seat – thanks to the magic of Photoshop!

OneDad3Girls
Awards wording
Tots 100 Awards
BritMums BritMums BritMums

1. April 13, 2016 / 9:08 pm

Fantastic editing Victoria, very clever. I’ll definitely have to have a play with photoshop someday.
    Love the smile and delight on Grace’s face.

2. March 29, 2016 / 10:29 am

Lovely editing, I thought you had a super-shiny car at first! I love the expression on Grace’s face πŸ™‚

• March 29, 2016 / 10:34 am

Thank you Sally – I wish we did have a shiny car!! πŸ™‚
      Victoria recently posted..Spot the BirdMy Profile

3. March 22, 2016 / 3:01 pm

Love this. so clever πŸ™‚ It must have been hard to leave Grace, but she sounds like a very grown up and sensible girl x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted..On Writing and purposeMy Profile

4. March 21, 2016 / 5:37 am

Love that she’s so cool with it. Love this awesome photo even more. It’s like she’s really looking at it from the car.
    Erik Brenner recently posted..101 Creative Card SketchesMy Profile

5. March 20, 2016 / 7:36 pm

I had no idea you can do things like this (total photography novice that I am) but this is amazing. What a wonderful thing to do for Grace x

6. March 20, 2016 / 8:45 am

That’s amazing! Check you out with your mad skills! Hehe I hope you had a fantastic reunion with your gorgeous girl xx

7. March 20, 2016 / 8:08 am

I really love this photo, Grace looks so happy and the effect of the harbour on the car is perfect #MySundayPhoto

8. March 20, 2016 / 8:05 am

Awesome photo, it’s amazing what can be done with Photoshop.

9. March 20, 2016 / 7:52 am

What a brilliant photo! It must have been hard leaving Grace, but she is such a mature girl and takes everything in her stride. You must be so proud of her.

10. March 20, 2016 / 6:37 am

This is fab Victoria and looks very real. There will be plenty of other chances for Grace to go with you, why do we feel such guilt as parents x
    Cathy Glynn recently posted..My Sunday Photo 20th March 2016My Profile

11. March 20, 2016 / 4:51 am

Great combination of images and sure Grace was delighted to have you back home! #MySundayPhoto

12. March 20, 2016 / 12:38 am

What a clever shot.
    Grace’s expression perfectly fits the ‘view’ she’s looking at. Sounds like although you were apart for Mother’s Day you were well loved on the day!
    xx

13. March 20, 2016 / 12:14 am

Now you make me think I should explore photoshop! Great photo and I hope Cyprus was fab.

14. March 20, 2016 / 12:07 am

What a fabulous photo – love the way Grace’s expression fits so perfectly with having the harbour reflected on the car – such a wonderfully creative photo! πŸ™‚