Another Dimension

I was keen to take part in last months Camera Creative Module for Practical Photography magazine. The task was to focus on reflection.

Believe it, or not, I kept on dodging the rain so, finally, after Monday nights downpour, I took my camera on the walk to school so I could search out the puddles and take the photos on my way back.

The very top photo is the one I used as my image and I am pleased to say that I received a Gold Award (they give out bronze and silver too). I have decided to share the other two that were in the running for submission as well.

Focus on Reflection 2Focus on Reflection 3

What I like about all of these is that it feels like you are looking through the ground into another dimension. I felt that the photo I submitted was quite apt. It looks like someone is trying to make contact through the telephone pole from another world.

Camera School Creatives Focus on Reflections Certificate

For those interested, these were my settings:
AV F16
Shutter Speed 1/80
ISO: Was on Auto but defaulted to 1600
AWB
Manual focus

OneDad3Girls
You Baby Me Mummy
Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015-2016 Victoria Welton

1. December 3, 2015 / 2:03 am

Such clever reflections. I really had to look carefully at these to work out what was being reflected, especially the first one. They definitely do look like a glimpse into another world through the water – amazing. Great captures, well done! x

2. November 30, 2015 / 7:15 am

I nearly added a reflection shot to #MySundayPhoto this week but there was not quite enough detail in it so I chose a landscape one instead from the same walk. I particularly like your middle shot and it reminds me of the ponds the child jumps through in the Magician’s Nephew (the “first” story in the Narnia chronicles)
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted..Lions on the flag of NormandyMy Profile

3. November 29, 2015 / 1:16 pm

Well done on the gold. It really is a beautiful image, and unusual to get a pole in a puddle reflection as well as a non muddy puddle.
    Emma T recently posted..My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

4. November 29, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Great photos, I love reflection photos but are difficult to capture. Yours are perfect and well done on the Gold Award

OneDad3Girls recently posted..#MySundayPhoto – Chilly MorningsMy Profile

5. November 29, 2015 / 10:57 am

Wow your shots are beautiful. I spent a few minutes looking at each one and I didn’t even realise they were reflections until I read the comments. Fantastic x
    Tracey Williams recently posted..My Sunday Photo 29th November 2015My Profile

6. November 29, 2015 / 10:57 am

What a lovely collection of reflection shots. I often catch a gorgeous scene in a puddle and regret not having a camera with me. Great work!
    HodgePodgeDays recently posted..My Sunday Photo 29.11.15My Profile

7. November 29, 2015 / 10:36 am

Hi Victoria, at first I thought I was looking at layered photos as the telegraph pole was so clear in the top photo, I couldn’t believe it was a reflection. Congratulations on getting a gold award. Very creative photos!

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Over The Sea At Kalamaki BeachMy Profile

8. November 29, 2015 / 7:28 am

Great shot; I can see why you got a Gold for it! I spent ages staring at it! It’s not something I’d thought of doing; might give it a try!
    Single Mother Ahoy recently posted..WIN 3 Milkysnugz!My Profile

9. November 29, 2015 / 3:53 am

I like the last one the best, good job. It really helps to have a prompt, I guess. I think I need to spend more time practicing my skills.

10. November 29, 2015 / 1:48 am

These are beautiful! I really like the puddle with the trees, great work. What camera are you using? I’m thinking of getting one for christmas.
    Leslie recently posted..Silent Sunday (11/29)My Profile

11. November 29, 2015 / 12:43 am

Love them all but the top one is my favourite, well done on the gold award

12. November 29, 2015 / 12:19 am

I’m not surprised you won Gold Victoria, they’re brilliant.
    They sort of flip you on your head. I love that first one.
    What an interesting course and great way to spend a wet day!
    Neesie recently posted..My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

13. November 29, 2015 / 12:12 am

What a fab set of shots. In fact I like the last one best, it really does feel like you’re diving into another world
    I’ve had thoughts of doing a photographic course for some time but I’ve never actually made it to signing up. I’m feeling the inspiration…!
    Great shots & well done on your Gold medal
    #SundayPhoto

14. November 29, 2015 / 12:08 am

I love the sharpness of the reflections in the puddles – it does look like a glimpse into another world. Well done on getting a gold award for the module too.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile