Laughter. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

It’s been a funny old week for me so far. After the change of heart I was already having and then for it to be cemented by a visit to Blogfest over the weekend coupled with giving up #PoCoLo, it has suddenly made me re-evaluate everything in my life.

The most important thing is my family. I was able to spend lots and lots of quality time with my mum over the weekend and this week I have been able to spend a little more time with Grace and even got round to playing dolls with her (we had a great time!). Ross and I had a fabulous conversation on Sunday night and we now have a much better game plan as we approach the new year.

Laughter has to be one of the most important things in our life and I share lots of that with Ross and Grace on a regular basis. The photo is one of us with Grace’s friend, Molly, at Thorpe Park back in May. The log flumes never fail to make us crack up with laughter!

My poem this week sums up just how important this action is in our lives. As is the norm now, there is a recording of me reading the poem just below.

Laughter

Laughter is the tonic whenever I’m feeling bad
Laughter is the thing that cheers me up when I’m feeling sad
Laughter brings me up whenever I’m feeling down
Laughter, well it’s a job, for comedians and clowns

Whenever I hear laughter I can’t help but smile
Whenever I feel laughter I’m happy all the while
Whenever I see laughter I want to do it too
A little taste of laughter is good for me and you

So remember there is laughter even through the tears
It’s what will bring you happiness through all your living years
Whenever there’s no sign of hope and everything is lost
Laughter, it will see you through at no extra cost

Victoria Welton 25th November 2015

Prose for Thought

1. December 2, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Oh yes lovely Vic you really do appreciate the value of humble laughter in times of difficulty. I remember the first time I did a huge proper belly laugh after Hugo died – I was watching a silly video on Facebook. It felt really good – I tend to laugh more now because I take things less seriously. Beautiful poem. #P4T

2. December 1, 2015 / 9:00 pm

Beautiful poem. Laughter can get you through a lot. And it really is the best medicine. I love your photo – you are all having so much fun! #pocolo

3. November 28, 2015 / 10:21 pm

I LOVE that photo, it’s overflowing with joy! πŸ™‚

Another brilliant poem, laughter really is the best medicine xox

4. November 28, 2015 / 7:59 pm

Lovely photo. Really made me smile πŸ™‚ Glad you found time to step back and evaluate. Good luck with putting all those ideas into practice πŸ™‚ All the best for next year!
    Mrs Tubbs recently posted..Sometimes …My Profile

5. November 28, 2015 / 10:38 am

I’m always struck by your positivity and reading this today is no different. The photo as the backdrop to your poem works perfectly. I need to take s leaf out of your book. It’s my negative energy that usually drives my creative output! Thanks for sharing and happy weekend!
    Susie Glasgowdragonfly recently posted..The Best Days?My Profile

6. November 27, 2015 / 9:42 pm

Love that photo – such a fun, happy moment and the poem is such a wonderful way of describing laughter and how it can really help get us through the tough times. I especially love the pattern of words in the first and second verses.
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted..The Friday Focus 27/11/15My Profile

7. November 27, 2015 / 6:49 pm

I love that! Laughter, with my husband, has got me through some tough times xx
    Ojo Henley recently posted..Growing Up (A poem)My Profile

8. November 27, 2015 / 5:36 pm

A super picture and a great poem to go with it. If only there were more laughter sometimes the world would be a nicer place.
    Jo Winwood recently posted..The Prompt – GratitudeMy Profile

9. November 27, 2015 / 4:20 pm

Hi Victoria, I love that picture, Grace’s face is showing the affects of that giddy feeling you get when going at speed down a log flume! Laughter is important, it lifts spirits, it helps heal and it makes the world a lighter, brighter place. Which you have summed up nicely in your poem.

xx
    Debbie recently posted..Have You Ever Felt Like A Right Plonker?My Profile

10. November 27, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Love this Victoria! All so true as well – it really is such a great tonic and very heart-lifting. Fab photo on the log flume too! Thanks for hosting #Prose4T

11. November 26, 2015 / 10:37 am

I can really relate to this poem. It’s wonderful. Even when I’m having a terrible day, if something makes me laugh, the whole thing can be turned around. What a joyful piece of writing. And what a photo! Marvellous πŸ™‚ Thanks for hosting #prose4t
    Kyles @ Pickles and Pords recently posted..The Firsts You MissMy Profile