Prestige has been a name synonymous with kitchen products in the UK for over 70 years. They have a well-known reputation for quality products includes bakeware, kitchen knives and gadgets for all your food preparation needs.
I think one of their most famous products has to be the Prestige Pressure Cooker. I can distinctly remember my mum having one and, one of my favourite dishes she would make when I was young, was beef stew and dumplings – great for cold evenings.
Because Prestige are so inspired by tradition, they recently launched the Prestige Vintage Collection. Available in either a dark blue or red stripe design, you can purchase mixing bowls, containers, scales, milk pans and roasting dishes amongst other products.
They sent me the Casserole dish from the Vintage Collection in red to match our appliances. The enamel coated steel casserole dish has a non-porous surface, to guarantee stain resistant enamelware. It is high scratch and wear resistant; is freezer and oven safe up to 240 degrees and is dishwasher safe. It comes with a 12 month quality assurance guarantee.
I really like the two tubular handles which allows for easy carrying. It meant that I was able to carry this to our dining table without too much fuss.
So, what was the first meal I made using our dish? I decided on this recipe for Tomato and Mozzarella Chicken Casserole.
- 6 pieces of chicken - leg or thighs
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 250 mls organic vegetable bouillon stock - using boiling water
- 1 tbsp of cornflour - mixed with a small amount of water so as not to cause lumps
- 250g mozzarella cheese - broken up into pieces
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsps tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- Turn on oven to 200 degrees C or Gas Mark 6
- Brown off the chicken pieces in a saucepan and place in the casserole dish.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the dish.
- Place in oven for an hour and a half
- Serve with courgetti
Disclosure: Thank you to Prestige for providing me with the product for this write-up Please note that all words, images and opinions have been formed by the owner of this blog and have not been influenced in any way. Please do not reproduce any of the content or images on this post without prior agreement from Verily Victoria Vocalises.