Since taking a large amount of refined sugar, wheat, gluten and dairy out of my diet, I have really enjoyed the challenge of finding new foods. Plus, I have realised that it hasn’t stopped me making treats for my family.
This recipe is straightforward and extremely delicious – and Grace ruddy loves it. Of course, I had to make a separate batch for Ross without the walnuts – we couldn’t leave him out!
- 225 g sugar free dark chocolate (minimum 85% cocoa solids)
- 225 g butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g Raw Coconut Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150 g ground almonds
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/ gas mark 4/325ºF
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a large saucepan of of boiling water
- Take the bowl off the heat, mix in the sugar and vanilla extract and let it cool
- Beat in the 3 large eggs along with the ground almonds and walnuts (if you would like to make some without walnut pieces, take some of the mixture out and put into silicone moulds for individual portions)
- Pour into a 9 inch square baking tin or, like us, use a silicone cake mould
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. This mean that whilst the top has set, the inside stays gooey!
- Once cooled (if you can wait that long!) cut carefully into equal squares