Research has found that more and more women are shopping for DIY items compared to a decade ago. A study on chimpanzees show that females are more likely to use tools to help them hunt for food while males tend to prefer capturing prey with their hands. There is an old adage that women are emotional and men are logical – although maybe that is less of the case in this scenario?
So, where are us women going to store all these tools that we are looking to purchase? Dickies Store are here to make DIY easier and have curated a list of handy tool storage solutions. Listed below are 5 of their tips, all with lifestyle images to accompany them.
1. Magnetic Tool Hanger
2. Hanging Tools
3. Ceiling Storage
Items that only get used once a year? Make use of the ceiling (image below)
4. Under Shelf Jars
Another way to store screws, nails and other small items is to keep them in plastic jars, which are then mounted under your shelves. Quick and easy!
5. Label Containers
Plastic containers of different sizes can be arranged on a shelf or rack so materials that roll around easily do not get lost. Make sure you label each container for easy reference.
If you are looking to complete a host of DIY projects this summer, then why not give yourself the chance to win some great women’s overalls. Courtesy of DickiesStore, they are designed to be fitted for the female figure, with both a pleated back and raglan sleeving to ensure style and comfort. They benefit from the following:
- Zip front with velcro fastened over placket.
- Two chest pockets with velcro flaps and contrasting piping detail.
- Contrast colour collar and inner storm flaps.
- Two swing pockets.
- Raglan sleeves designed to improve flexibility and comfort.
- Full waist elastication and a pleated action back.
- Two lower leg pockets with velcro fastened flaps.
- Tab velcro adjustable cuffs.
To be in with a chance of winning, just complete the Gleam Widget below.
- There is 1 prize of a set of Womens Redhawk Overalls from DickiesStore – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Winners details will be passed to DickiesStore who will send the prize direct.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoters (Verily Victoria Vocalises and DickiesStore).
- Closing date for entries is 10am GMT on 1st August 2015.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and answer the question as a mandatory entry. Optional entry methods are on the Gleam widget.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email or Tweet within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- DickiesStore are responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between DickiesStore and Verily Victoria Vocalises.
- Entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.