One of the things that many parents have difficulty with at this time of year is the lighter evenings coupled with the lighter mornings! The length of sunlight has a lot to answer for when it comes to waking children!
When Grace was much younger I started out with a black-out blind. That was until we moved to a new flat where her bedroom had a bay window and, as we were renting, we were unable to make any major changes to the furnishings.
Of course, fitting a blind in a child’s room comes with it’s challenges. Not only from the DIY perspective but also to ensure that the blind itself is safe. Particularly when pull-cords are involved.
Order Blinds have recently launched a great new range especially for children’s rooms. Their decorative designs are all pull cord free. Opening and closing the blind works on a spring mechanism which makes them so much safer and you can therefore do away with the need for any additional safety devices. You simply operate the blind by pulling down the central short pull to where you would like the blind to sit across the window and then release it where it will lock it in position. To raise it, all you need to do is give the blind a slight tug and then, holding onto the pull, let it retract back up to the top.
There are many designs and colours to choose from. The main picture in the collage below shows the one Grace chose which matches the blue of her room.
There are also a number of different decorative pull cords to pick from too.
If you are not sure of your choice, then Order Blinds also give you the ability to have a free sample sent and they make it really easy to input your measurements. A very straightforward online ordering service.
With two metal plates and the screws provided, the blind is very easy to fit and it is brilliant at keeping the night-times dark – just as they should be!
Order Blinds don’t just make roller blinds to measure. You can also order from their selection of Vertical, Roman, Wood Venetian and Skylight blinds. They even have electric-powered blinds.
Thanks to Order Blinds, you could be in with a chance to win a £50 voucher to spend over on their site. Simply follow the instructions in the Gleam widget below.
- There is 1 prize of a £50 voucher for Order Blinds – the prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Winners details will be passed to Order Blinds who will send the prize direct.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of the promoters (Verily Victoria Vocalises and Order Blinds).
- Closing date for entries is 10pm GMT on 22nd July 2015.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and follow Order Blinds on Twitter as a mandatory entry. Optional entry methods are on the Gleam widget.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email or Tweet within 1 day of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 3 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- Order Blinds are responsible for prize fulfilment.
- This is a joint promotion between Order Blinds and Verily Victoria Vocalises.
- Entry to this prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.