Perspective – A Photography and Poetry Prompt

This past week has seen a lot of personal changes for me. Nothing major. Just a re-evaluation of what I want out of life and where I want to be. Nothing significant enough to talk about here, save to say that I have come to realise much more about what is important to me.

This week’s photography and poetry prompt is ‘perspective’.

Firstly, the photograph. I don’t know about you but I love making cloud pictures. I could lay in a sunny field all day watching the clouds go by and making pictures out of them. I do the same with many things; food, clothing, that type of thing. I can recall once when I was about 7, shouting for my parents early one morning, when I thought there was a giant spider behind my curtains that was reflecting through. My very annoyed father found that it was a huge ribbon that my sister and I had tied on there the day before!

Grace and I walk past this tree every day on our journey to school. I personally think it looks like a serpant. What can else can you see?

IMG_1831

The poem, as usual, pretty much speaks for itself.

Perspective

Look through the viewfinder, what do you see?
A composition of sorts, looking back at me
All of the things I know I want to be

I change the settings, re-adjust the scene
Trying to find a focus after where I’ve been
I know what I want but I don’t know what I mean

I monitor the shutter speed, trying to slow it down
I have every single reason to shake off this old frown
The Queen of my life, I wear the golden crown

This capture of mine, it needs to be effective
I look and I see and I find a new directive
This change in my life, means a whole new perspective

Victoria Welton 25th March 2015

Prose for Thought

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. March 29, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Wonderful poem. It’s so important to take a step back and look at where we are, what we want from life. People can get so caught up with the daily grind they can sometimes lose perspective on a lot of things including their self & who they are. Glad you’ve had some clarity. Wishing you the best with it. I love that tree- I find old ones like that magical & fascinating… I think it looks like a serpant too. #pocolo

2. March 29, 2015 / 9:03 pm

It is very interesting that you compare the life focus with the camera. It is a similar process in a way, as long as we are aware that we are in charge of our life and how we perceive it.

3. March 28, 2015 / 2:03 pm

Hi Victoria, that old tree does indeed look like a serpent, maybe even old Nessie. Your poem is beautifully written and sometimes we do need to take a step back to reevaluate our lives and the direction we want to go in.
    Debbie recently posted..Swallows…My Profile

4. March 27, 2015 / 6:57 pm

Beautiful words hon, I’m really pleased you’re getting so much out of your new hobby, and your photography skills are improving week on week. Well done you xx
    Mummy Tries recently posted..My Journey to being Sugar FreeMy Profile

5. March 27, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Perspective is one of the most fascinating things. The way two people can look at the same thing, yet each see something different is really intriguing.
    I do see a serpent in the photo, and I wonder about what is behind the tree,
    First time here, thank you for having me 🙂
    christina recently posted..I’m GoodMy Profile

6. March 27, 2015 / 12:01 pm

Very clever poem using the imagery of photography. Sounds like it’s been an interesting week for you – your change of perspective sounds intriguing and I’m sure it will bring you success and happiness. Enjoy your boat trip on the Thames! Thanks for hosting #PoCoLo as always. xx
    Jsss Paterson recently posted..A Laptop Of One’s OwnMy Profile

7. March 27, 2015 / 11:08 am

I love this poem and how it coincides with your love for photography and also your new perspective with life. Always so beautiful and thoughtful your words! Thanks so much for hosting #pocolo this week!
    Maria recently posted..Presence {A Fictional Piece}My Profile

8. March 27, 2015 / 9:45 am

I love the way you’ve use photography as an analogy for changing your perspective on life too. I can see the serpent in the shape of the tree although to me, I can see a smiley face with the branch being like someone wrapping their arm over the top of their head. Love things like that for being able to see different things.
    Louise recently posted..The Friday Focus 27/03/15My Profile

9. March 27, 2015 / 9:24 am

Love the poem, it is nice to look at things from a different perspective. I hope it works out for you x
    Let kids be kids recently posted..School changesMy Profile

10. bloggermummylauren
    March 27, 2015 / 8:43 am

I love the poem, as ever very clever and interesting writing and i love the way you have used the photography reference throughout x
    bloggermummylauren recently posted..Why Having a Pet is Good For Your ChildrenMy Profile

11. Lucy@bottlefor2
    March 27, 2015 / 6:27 am

Very clever mixing the photography in with your words which only emphasise it’s meaning further. Hope you’re ok. It’s good to take a look at life and get things into perspective. Easier said than done though. My life is all through an irrational baby led lens at the moment!
    Lucy@bottlefor2 recently posted..Mum skills from the 70’sMy Profile

12. March 26, 2015 / 2:18 pm

Like how this poem changes the reader’s perspective as it progresses. Very sophisticated writing! Well done.

13. Mrs TeePot
    March 26, 2015 / 1:07 pm

Very interesting poem, I can certainly relate to knowing what I want but not what I mean! Life is so complicated, I hope your new perspective is a good one.
    Mrs TeePot recently posted..PerspectiveMy Profile

14. March 26, 2015 / 9:04 am

I really like your poem. It’s weird because I almost heard the last bit as if a rapper was MC’ing it. I like how you think at first it’s purely about cameras but then it becomes an analogy for so much more. 🙂 #proseforthought xx
    stupidgirl45 recently posted..Top 10 Beauty ProductsMy Profile