Blue. A Photography and Poetry Prompt

After a couple of week’s of poems with meaning, I wanted to do something a little more fun this week! I had to find something for the prompt ‘Blue’ and I very nearly wrote about the band – but I didn’t want you all to think I was marking out for them (they are rather nice though!).

Instead I decided to come up with lots of things about the colour and it’s many different meanings and I have shared it below.

The photograph was taken yesterday when I paid a visit to Hobbycraft yesterday with Grace’s Brownie group. It helps that we learned about composition including repition and the rule of thirds on my photography course. Wool always reminds me of my Mum and her amazing knitting projects and, with my sister’s baby being born 5 weeks early, I thought of how she would likely be using this colour now we know what she was having 🙂 Welcome to the world little man.

FullSizeRender

Blue

Blue is the colour of most of the earth
Blue is the colour of a very small smurf
Blue is sometimes the way that I feel
Blue is in all shades and that includes teal

Blue is the band of four men – not five
Blue is the song by Eiffel 65
Blue is another band, first name Deacon
Blue is the colour of an ambulance beacon

Blue Peter is the flag and a tv show
Blue Flag is for beaches with friendly-eco
Blue blood is what you have when you are royal
Blue Cross rescues animals, oh so loyal

Blue is one of my favourite colours of things
Blue is the sky where birds soar on their wings
Blue is the sea where things can set sail
Blue is our biggest mammal, the whale

Victoria Welton 18th March 2015

Prose for Thought

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. Izzie Anderton
    March 22, 2015 / 8:22 am

I love that you’ve captured so many different aspects of the colour blue in this poem. Congratulations to your sister and newborn nephew – I hope mum and baby are both OK.

2. March 21, 2015 / 9:29 pm

Brilliant, brilliant poem. Gosh Deacon Blue – I used to love that song! ‘You’re a real gone kid…’

3. Michelle Reeves (bodfortea)
    March 20, 2015 / 8:41 pm

Tee hee – LOVE this! It’s a fun, happy, frolic of a poem with a great punchy rhythm. Love the photo too – wool has such a cuddly look doesn’t it? So pleased to be reading this at #PoCoLo this week 🙂
    Michelle Reeves (bodfortea) recently posted..Guest post: POOGATE by Hayley from Downs Side UpMy Profile

4. teacuptoria
    March 20, 2015 / 3:00 pm

What a fun poem! I like the music references, I love Deacon Blue 🙂 x
    teacuptoria recently posted..My Mother’s Day SulkMy Profile

5. March 20, 2015 / 10:59 am

Lovely poem, blue has so many meanings and feelings. x
    Let kids be kids recently posted..AloneMy Profile

6. Lucy @bottlefor2
    March 19, 2015 / 5:12 pm

Hahahahahha I love that you actually put the boy band blue in the poem still!
    Lucy @bottlefor2 recently posted..Hot tub; a gift for life.My Profile

7. March 19, 2015 / 7:33 am

I love this poem and how you’ve managed to capture so many different aspects of the word “blue”. The rhythm works well too – it gives quite a calming feel to the poem.
    Louise recently posted..Overcoming writer’s blockMy Profile