Detail. For Ross.

IMG_0919 (2)

Today’s Photography and Poetry prompt ‘Detail’ had to be a special one for me. It is four years to the day that Ross and I started seeing each other and I wanted to write something especially for him.

To my mind, love isn’t really about the great big gestures (although, I am a typical romantic and wouldn’t say no!). It is about the every day things. The little things that no one else really sees or knows about. The smaller details.

This image is just one of the many things that Ross does for me. Most evenings, just before we go to bed, Ross puts the toothpaste on my toothbrush for me. It may not seem much but it is a big thing to me.

IMG_0919 (2)

Detail

It’s in the little things you do for me
The things that seem unseen
They don’t really go unnoticed
But I need to say what I mean

The things like a cup of tea
Or the toothpaste on my brush
Stopping to make sure you kiss me
Although you may be in a rush

The cuddles on the sofa
Even though touching isn’t your thing
And I know how much you love me
Despite the lack of a ring

Our viewing pleasure tastes
Well, we both love the same
Whether it is the Gilmore Girls
Or shooting Zombies in the brain

Your care for Grace is amazing
You are the perfect dad
Even though sometimes
I know she drives you mad

So Ross, please believe me
You never ever fail
It isn’t about the big things
It’s in the small detail

Victoria Welton 5th February 2015

Prose for Thought

Photography ChallengeYou Baby Me Mummy Running in Lavender

350x350xAdmit1-Small.png.pagespeed.ic.2c1zj5J-ZS

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. February 19, 2015 / 7:47 pm

Awwww what a beautiful poem and a beautiful sentiment behind it too.

2. Maddy@writingbubble
    February 12, 2015 / 8:58 pm

Oh that’s so lovely – I bet he’ll love that poem! And the toothpaste thing is very thoughtful. I agree, It’s the little things that matter more than the big gestures. xx

3. VaiChin @RamblingThroughParenthood
    February 12, 2015 / 8:28 pm

This is just so beautiful. Not just the words, but the emotion behind them as well. It is the everyday little things that make a relationship work. x
    VaiChin @RamblingThroughParenthood recently posted..School Run Colours 11/02/15 – TreasureMy Profile

4. February 12, 2015 / 8:53 am

Perfect and so true. All those small details add up to make a very powerful team and a strong relationship. I’m so happy for you to have found someone that cares for you so much and it’s lovely how much you value and appreciate those details too x

5. teacuptoria
    February 12, 2015 / 8:15 am

What a gorgeous poem, it gives a real sense of your relationship. Gorgeous! Tor x
    teacuptoria recently posted..Beware The Homework Monster!My Profile

6. February 11, 2015 / 1:58 am

That was so beautiful. I’m such a hopeless romantic and it brought tears to my eyes. I’m always telling my husband that the big things don’t matter to me as much as the little ones do. It is the little, thoughtful things that truly mean the most and show how much someone truly cares!

Thanks so very much for stopping by Party Under the Big Top and sharing this wonderful poem with us! We really appreciate your support, it means a lot! 😉

Wishing you a fabulous week!

Much love,

Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus
    #BigTopBlogParty
    Lysa @ Welcome to My Circus recently posted..Party Under the Big Top Linky ~ Act 1My Profile

7. February 10, 2015 / 8:01 pm

Aaawww that’s gorgeous! I do hope mummy finds her ‘Ross’ one day! #PointandShoot
    Ickle Pickle recently posted..Blog Giveaway #6My Profile

8. February 10, 2015 / 4:16 pm

I love it! Reminds me of me and my hubby, especially having the same taste in tv shows and snuggling on the couch. It makes me want to write a poem for him. Lovely gesture. Detail. So sweet. #BigTopBlogParty

9. February 10, 2015 / 4:08 pm

What a sweet gesture! May you have many more years of sweet bliss.
    Thanks for linking up at the Party Under The Big Top #BigTopBlogParty
    Mary Burris recently posted..Premiere: Party Under The Big TopMy Profile

10. Katie @ A Mother Thing
    February 10, 2015 / 2:51 pm

You two were meant to be together. You both had to go through hell before you could find each other, and I know you’ve been through hell together. But what is love if not braving the fire and knowing your twin soul is always there beside you? I’m so happy for both of you. 🙂 You deserve each other, and I’ve no doubt you are each others’ reward. 🙂 Happy Anniversary!
    Katie @ A Mother Thing recently posted..Vanilla Lemon Puppy ChowMy Profile

11. Stephs Two Girls
    February 10, 2015 / 10:31 am

Gorgeous poem, and lovely pic – how fitting that it’s nearly Valentines Day too! I’m so happy for you that you have found a lovely bloke who obviously cares, about you and about Grace. You were meant to be together! 🙂 x

12. February 10, 2015 / 8:29 am

Oh that is fab, it’s definitely the little things that make relationships work 🙂 #pointshoot
    Jess – MummysCrochetWorld recently posted..I is for IceMy Profile

13. February 10, 2015 / 8:16 am

Oh Vic, thats lovely. I hope you have many many happy years together (cuddles on the sofa is my favorite thing too) xx
    ojosworld recently posted..Reasons to Be CheerfulMy Profile

14. Potty Mouthed Mummy
    February 10, 2015 / 7:59 am

That is so lovely. All couples have their little shows of romance don’t they? x
    Potty Mouthed Mummy recently posted..Point + Shoot | 10th FebruaryMy Profile