Project 365 – 11th to 17th January 2015

11th January 2015

IMG_0104

Bathtime in our house is never boring! Grace is usually being cheeky and, for a change, I wanted to catch her in the act. Especially as it is unlikely to continue for very many years now.

12th January 2015

IMG_0111

We’ve tried BT, we’ve tried Virgin, we gave TalkTalk a chance but we have opted for Sky in the hope that they will be better than the rest! Our TV was installed today and the broadband is up and running on the 19th. We have everything crossed.

13th January 2015

IMG_0113

With the cold weather well and truly upon us, I wanted to ensure that Grace had some school trousers. She is taking an age 9 to 10 now but these really needed taking up. Note the incorrect coloured thread – it didn’t show though!

14th January 2015

IMG_0553

It is very rare to find blogger events in my neck of the woods, so I was thrilled when I-Escape invited me to theirs which was held in Bruton – just 40 minutes up the road. It was a really lovely event. One where everyone chatted and no one realised the time! They gave us this goodie bag with lots of products which I will definitely use.

15th January 2015

IMG_0127

When I told Grace we were getting a SodaStream, she got very excited. I have to say that so wasΒ I when we were offered one for review! I always wanted one when I was a kid. We are taking part in the #watermadeexciting campaign in a bid to make kids drink more water.

16th January 2015

IMG_0131

I kicked off my healthy eating plan on Thursday using the Reboot with Joe 15 Day plan. I was a little apprehensive about yesterdays raw carrot and ginger soup – particularly as it was served cold! However, I juiced 15 carrots, put in a whole avocado, 2 tbsps of honey, a tbsp of chopped ginger, a good sprinkle of cayenne pepper and some salt. They all went into the blender and I whizzed it until smooth. Served with fresh coriander and a drizzle of olive oil. It was absolutely gorgeous.

17th January 2015

IMG_0136

Today has been a day of housework mixed with family time. Grace is continuing to remember to practice for her piano and is progressing well.

Linking up to Project 365

365

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. January 23, 2015 / 11:26 am

We use Sky but only for the TV as we get a better deal with BT for phone and broadband because we live in a stupid stone age village lol.
    Well done Grace for your continued practising of the piano.
    Love the first photo.

2. January 21, 2015 / 4:34 pm

we gave up with sky when we moved here as we only got a quarter meg download speed, BT still own our exchange, cant wait for it to be unbundled so we can go back. Their tv content is so much better.
    Its true what you say with the bath pic, the silliness wont last much longer.
    Cant say as that juiced soup sounds like my kind of thing, as you say especially cold, but I suppose I should not knock it till I have tried it.
    Good grief at the size of the soda stream box, looks big enough to get a new tv in.
    Thanks for linking up to Project 365

3. January 20, 2015 / 7:16 am

Hope sky is good to you. We have virgin and I miss sky Atlantic. It seems to have some really good stuff on there. That soup sounds delicious although I’d be tempted to microwave it πŸ™‚

4. January 19, 2015 / 10:12 pm

That soup looks amazing!! I’m trying to eat healthily and lose the baby weight so I must google the recipe. X
    Steph Oakes recently posted..The 52 Project // Week 3My Profile

5. January 19, 2015 / 8:00 am

Ah lovely to see Grace practising the piano – such a good habit to get her into! Hope your SKY account now works. Sadly I don’t think any of them are perfect πŸ™
    Suzanne recently posted..Photo of the Week / Me TimeMy Profile

6. January 18, 2015 / 9:06 pm

Grace looks very happy with the Soda Stream and I love the photo of her at the piano πŸ™‚
    Louise recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile

7. January 18, 2015 / 8:58 pm

Wonderful photos! It looks like you had a great week!
    I’ve always wanted a Soda Stream too….
    Kim Carberry recently posted..Silent Sunday!My Profile

8. January 18, 2015 / 6:10 pm

Hi Victoria, The raw carrot and ginger soup sounds really nice, except for the fact that it’s cold…Or did you warm it through?…Me and my sister were in awe when friends of ours got a Soda Steam (all those years ago!). We weren’t encouraged to drink fizzy drinks, but it looks like Soda Steam have gone health conscious, which is never a bad thing.
    Debbie recently posted..Mommy Reality #27 – This Is My RealMy Profile

9. January 18, 2015 / 4:45 pm

Great photos! That soup looks so yummy, and I am totally jealous of your soda stream =D
    We are with Virgin at the minute but are unhappy and so could well be following you over to sky. Ah I would love to learn to play a musical instrument, =)
    Jenni – Baby Chaos recently posted..My Sunday Photo – 18/01/15My Profile

10. January 18, 2015 / 10:28 am

I love carrot soup, but haven’t tried a raw version, I guess it tastes like freshly squeezed juice? Grace looks lovely in a towel turban, with sparkling eyes and a cheeky grin.
    Galina V recently posted..Photo diary, week 3 (365)My Profile

11. January 17, 2015 / 10:17 pm

I think I’d have probably heated up the soup. I’m not keen on carrot juice or carrot based nutribullets even with the avocado, so not sure I’d like that. Must get back to my nutribullets though.

Nice to see another music lover, and very jealous of the sodastream (although I know I’d probably never use it after the first few months).
    Emma T recently posted..Project 365 2015 – photo a day week 3My Profile

12. January 17, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Will have to keep a look out for what you think of Sky. We have BT internet and we moved it to our Sky account we would save money but I’m unsure. That sodastream box is huge! Not sure if I would have been brave enough to try that soup but it sounds like you enjoyed it x
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted..Project 365 2015 Week 3 Days 11-17My Profile

13. January 17, 2015 / 7:27 pm

Lovely to see Grace playing the keyboard, I hope Monkey takes after his Uncle in this way too. My oldest school friend went to boarding school in Bruton, weird fact of the day! Good luck with Sky #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted..Project 365 2015 Week 3My Profile

14. Clare Nicholas
    January 17, 2015 / 6:13 pm

That soup looks delicious. I’ve been awful with my diet this week and need to change that next week.

I loved my sodastream for ages, sadly it’s neglected along with many other kitchen appliances.
    Hope Sky works out better for you
    Clare Nicholas recently posted..Project 365 2015 – Photo Round Up – Week 3My Profile

15. January 17, 2015 / 6:00 pm

Hope Sky work out for you – we had huge issues with Virgin last year but they finally sorted themselves out just before in time! The soup sounds really nice – love ginger πŸ™‚
    76sunflowers recently posted..Project 365 2015 #3My Profile