Project 365 – 5th to 10th January 2015

5th January 2015

IMG_0425

I have decided to join in with Mummy B’s photography challenge and her first one was ‘Beginnings’ which I have coupled with a poetry prompt. I found these buds from my orchid very apt – 3 with a potential 4th.

6th January

IMG_0427

I was determined to make sure that we did thank you notes for our presents this year. I pre-ordered the cards before Christmas – and kind of pre-wrote them too – which made for an easier job of it.

7th January

IMG_0433

Grace wanted to prove to me that she is flexible! And yes, she is still wearing her Elf onesie (complete with jingling all over the house!).

8th January

IMG_0084

Grace has decided to continue with her piano lessons this year (with much thanks to Ross) and she is making a concerted effort to keep going until at least her teens. She wants to be able to sing and play at the same time. Her piano teacher has told us that she is making good progress.

9th January

Brownie badges

Grace received her first two Brownie badges just before Christmas – and she hasn’t even taken her Brownie promise and be sworn in yet! I have finally got round to sewing them on this evening ready for when she goes back next week.

10th January

IMG_0457

I went into Exeter today for my homeopathic appointment. I also decided to take my camera with me on my travels and go for a walk around the city. I went to the Cathedral and stumbled across this little tea shop which I can remember visiting many moons ago. It served the biggest cream tea I have ever seen and I hope to bring Ross and Grace here when the weather improves.

Linking up to Project 365

365

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2015 Victoria Welton

1. January 15, 2015 / 1:26 pm

love your flexible elf, the jingly bit sounds like it is irritating you slightly. The piano is a good thing to carry on with, and well done on the brownie badges.
    Bob had to sew his badges on at cubs to get his sewing badge.
    Only ever had one afternoon tea, you need to eat before you go as there is not usually much too them, but it was in lovely surroundings so worth it.

2. January 15, 2015 / 9:05 am

Great photos, well done Gracie on the Brownie badges. I need to visit that tea shop when I am down that way to see the family.

3. January 11, 2015 / 8:59 pm

fab photos, my 6 year old has just seen Grace being flexible and said “See mummy, other children ARE allowed to do gymnastics in the house!”
    My eldest went to Brownies and filled her gillet with the badges, it took me ages to sew them all on, the other two haven’t shown an interest.
    Mandi recently posted..Project 365 Week 2My Profile

4. January 11, 2015 / 3:09 pm

Well done Grace on earning your Brownie badges! Lovely photos; you have a good eye there for photography! Oh, I still need to sort out thank you cards, I am so ashamed that I haven’t sorted them out yet! #project365

5. January 11, 2015 / 3:08 pm

Lovely photos, I recently wrote a post on Thank You notes & do they still exist, yours are so lovely.
    Lorraine x
    Nortonmum recently posted..Week2 – Project365My Profile

6. January 11, 2015 / 10:59 am

Oh what a lovely Orchid! My favs. That tearoom looks great and just the sort of place I love too. Grace looks very flexible, I used to be able to do that but would do myself an injury nowadays! Lol! #365
    Jo Laybourn recently posted..#MySundayPhotoMy Profile

7. January 11, 2015 / 10:31 am

Wow, one flexible young lady your Grace is! Love the orchid buds, always a miracle when they open up. Great idea to do personalised Thank you cards, you are so organised.
    Galina V recently posted..Photo diary, week 2 (365)My Profile

8. January 11, 2015 / 9:29 am

Love the idea of the personalised thank you cards for Christmas, I think that’s a really nice idea, hopefully Boo will be able to help scribble in them next year for me!
    Oh I wish I could play a musical instrument, though I suppose it is never too late to learn.
    Oh brownies badges, how exciting! =)
    That teashop looks very inviting =)
    Jenni – Baby Chaos recently posted..Project 365 – Days 4 – 10My Profile

9. January 11, 2015 / 8:46 am

I love your orchid buds picture. The tea shop looks great – I must go out for afternoon tea soon.
    Erica Price recently posted..Week 2 of 2015My Profile

10. January 10, 2015 / 8:13 pm

It’s so lovely seeing big and great photos of your week…especially Grace. And you’ve reminded me that tomorrow my two need to sit down and do their thank you cards!
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted..The Photo Diary 2 / 52My Profile

11. January 10, 2015 / 7:56 pm

I really need to do thank you cards, thanks for the reminder. You have also really made me want a cream tea lol. Well done Grace for the Brownie badges, keep up the good work with the piano x
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted..Project 365 2015 Week 2 Days 4-10My Profile

12. January 10, 2015 / 7:52 pm

What a talented young lady you have! I attempted piano but didn’t get far at all. You can’t beat a cream tea 🙂
    76sunflowers recently posted..Project 365 2015 #2My Profile

13. January 10, 2015 / 6:45 pm

I do love Orchids as you might be able to spot tomorrow! Wish I was as flexible as Grace is, sadly those days are gone. Aren’t Brownie badges funky these days – so much more colourful than the ones I got. Hope you are doing ok xx #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted..Project 365 2015 Week 2My Profile

14. January 10, 2015 / 5:48 pm

I must admit I’m terrible for getting around to thanking people for Christmas presents, I love your idea!! Love Grace’s onesie 🙂
    chantelle hazelden recently posted..Project 365 2015 Week 2My Profile